Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Weigh more, pay more: Samoa Air pegs ticket prices to passenger pounds.Wall Street J. 2013;
Millado, Nate. “The fittest and fattest cities in America.” Men's Fitness. Available at: http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-loss/burn-fat-fast/the-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-america. Accessed on August 18, 2015.
- “America’s fattest cities”. 24/7 Wall St.2013 (Available at:)Accessed on August 18, 2015)
- Houston is America's fattest city.Texas Monthly. 2013; (Available at:) (Accessed on August 18, 2015)
- Stata Statistical Software: Release 14.StataCorp LP, College Station, TX2015
- The floating heart or the heart too fat to sink: analysis of 55 necropsy patients.Am J Cardiol. 1983; 52: 1286-1289
- Quantitative measurement of normal and excessive (cor adiposum) subepicardial adipose tissue, its clinical significance, and its effect on electrocardiographic QRS voltage.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 76: 414-418
- The Principles and Practice of Medicine. Designed for the Use of Practitioners and Students of Medicine.D. Appleton and Company, New York1892: 642-643
- Influence of excess fat on cardiac morphology and function: study in uncomplicated obesity.Obes Res. 2002; 10: 767-773
- Echocardiographic epicardial adipose tissue is related to anthropometric and clinical parameters of metabolic syndrome: a new indicator of cardiovascular risk.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 5163-5168
- Different “weight” of cardiac and general adiposity in predicting left ventricle morphology.Obesity. 2006; 14: 1679-1684
- Subepicardial adipose tissue and the presence and severity of coronary artery disease.Atherosclerosis. 2006; 186: 354-359
- Effects of weight loss after bariatric surgery on epicardial fat measured using echocardiography.Am J Cardiol. 2007; 99: 1242-1245
- Comparison of epicardial and pericardial fat thickness assessed by echocardiography in African American and non-hispanic white men: a pilot study.Ethn Dis. 2008; 18: 311-316
- Echocardiographic epicardial fat: a review of research and clinical applications.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009; 22: 1311-1319
- Pericardial fat and echocardiographic measures of cardiac abnormalities: the Jackson Heart Study.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 341-346
- Relation of epicardial and pericoronary fat to coronary atherosclerosis and coronary artery calcium in patients undergoing coronary angiography.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 380-385
- Clinical significance of epicardial fat measured using cardiac multislice computed tomography.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 767-771
- Peri-coronary epicardial adipose tissue is related to cardiovascular risk factors and coronary artery calcification in post-menopausal women.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 777-783
- Relation of epicardial adipose tissue to coronary atherosclerosis.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 1602-1607
- Increased epicardial adipose tissue (EAT) volume in type 2 diabetes mellitus and association with metabolic syndrome and severity of coronary atherosclerosis.Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2009; 70: 876-882
- Association of pericardial fat, intrathoracic fat, and visceral abdominal fat with cardiovascular disease burden: the Framingham Heart Study.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 850-856
- Relations of epicardial adipose tissue measured by multidetector computed tomography to components of the metabolic syndrome are region-specific and independent of anthropometric indexes and intraabdominal visceral fat.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 662-669
- The association of pericardial fat with incident coronary heart disease: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 90: 499-504
- Pericardial adipose tissue determined by dual source CT is a risk factor for coronary atherosclerosis.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009; 29: 781-786
- Measurement of fat distribution by magnetic resonance imaging.Invest Radiol. 1989; 24: 345-349
- Epicardial adipose tissue as new cardio-metabolic risk marker and potential therapeutic target in the metabolic syndrome.Curr Pharm Des. 2007; 13: 2180-2184
- Pericardial fat, intrathoracic fat, and measures of left ventricular structure and function.Circulation. 2009; 119: 1586-1591
- Statistical analysis of the epicardial fat weight in human hearts.AMA Arch Pathol. 1955; 60: 369-373
- The ventricular epicardial fat is related to the myocardial mass in normal, ischemic and hypertrophic hearts.Cardiovasc Pathol. 2004; 13: 313-316
This study was funded by the Baylor Health Care System Foundation through the Cardiovascular Research Review Committee and in co-operation with the Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute.
See page 1012 for disclosure information.