Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Insulin resistance and hyperglycaemia in cardiovascular disease development.Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2014; 10: 293-302
- Insulin resistance and risk of incident cardiovascular events in adults without diabetes: meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e52036
- ACCF/ACR/AHA/NASCI/SAIP/SCAI/SCCT 2010 expert consensus document on coronary computed tomographic angiography: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Expert Consensus Documents.Circulation. 2010; 121: 2509-2543
- Progression of coronary artery calcium in men affected by human immunodeficiency virus infection.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 28: 935-941
- Metabolic syndrome and subclinical atherosclerosis in patients infected with HIV.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 44: 1368-1374
- Longitudinal increases in waist circumference are associated with HIV-serostatus, independent of antiretroviral therapy.AIDS. 2007; 21: 1731-1738
- Associations between HIV infection and subclinical coronary atherosclerosis.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 458-467
- Evaluation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides in the hexokinase method for determining glucose in serum.Clin Chem. 1974; 20: 586-590
- Quantitative insulin sensitivity check index: a simple, accurate method for assessing insulin sensitivity in humans.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 85: 2402-2410
- Cumulative exposure to nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors is associated with insulin resistance markers in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study.AIDS. 2005; 19: 1375-1383
- Homeostasis model assessment: insulin resistance and beta-cell function from fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations in man.Diabetologia. 1985; 28: 412-419
- Use of cardiac CT angiography imaging in an epidemiology study - the Methodology of the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study cardiovascular disease substudy.Anadolu Kardiyol Derg. 2013; 13: 207-214
- A reporting system on patients evaluated for coronary artery disease. Report of the Ad Hoc Committee for Grading of Coronary Artery Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery, American Heart Association.Circulation. 1975; 51: 5-40
- Progression of carotid intima-media thickness and coronary artery calcium over 6 years in an HIV-infected cohort.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013; 64: 51-57
- Metabolic disorders induced by highly active antiretroviral therapy and their relationship with vascular remodeling of the brachial artery in a population of HIV-infected patients.Metabolism. 2009; 58: 927-933
- Insulin resistance predicts endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular risk in HIV-infected persons on long-term highly active antiretroviral therapy.AIDS. 2008; 22: 849-856
- Increased coronary artery calcium score and noncalcified plaque among HIV-infected men: relationship to metabolic syndrome and cardiac risk parameters.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010; 55: 495-499
- Increased prevalence of subclinical coronary atherosclerosis detected by coronary computed tomography angiography in HIV-infected men.AIDS. 2010; 24: 243-253
- Metabolic syndrome as a predictor of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in type 2 diabetes: the Casale Monferrato Study.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 2689-2694
- The metabolic syndrome is an independent predictor of cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetic subjects. Prospective data from the Verona Diabetes Complications Study.Diabet Med. 2004; 21: 52-58
- Insulin resistance is associated with the metabolic syndrome and is not directly linked to coronary artery disease.Clin Chim Acta. 2011; 412: 1003-1007
- The metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and cardiovascular risk in diabetic and nondiabetic patients.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 5698-5703
- Effects of metformin and rosiglitazone in HIV-infected patients with hyperinsulinemia and elevated waist/hip ratio.AIDS. 2007; 21 (Available at:): 47-57
- Effects of lifestyle modification and metformin on atherosclerotic indices among HIV-infected patients with the metabolic syndrome.AIDS. 2012; 26: 587-597
- Epidemiology of HIV infection in large urban areas in the United States.PLoS One. 2010; 5: e12756
Funding: Data in this manuscript were collected by the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study (MACS). MACS Locations (Principal Investigators): Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health (Joseph Margolick), U01-AI35042; Northwestern University (Steven Wolinsky), U01-AI35039; University of California, Los Angeles (Roger Detels), U01-AI35040; University of Pittsburgh (Charles Rinaldo), U01-AI35041; Harbor-UCLA, CTSI UL1TR000124; the Center for Analysis and Management of MACS, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health (Lisa Jacobson), UM1-AI35043. The MACS is funded primarily by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) (Bethesda, MD), with additional cofunding from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) (Rockville, MD), the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) (Rockville, MD), and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) (Bethesda, MD). Targeted supplemental funding for specific projects was also provided by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), and the National Institute on Deafness and Communication Disorders (NIDCD). MACS data collection is also supported by grant UL1-TR001079 (JHU ICTR) from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and NIH Roadmap for Medical Research. The MACS Cardiovascular Substudy is funded by an NIH Grant Number (NHLBI): RO1 HL095129 (Post). Dr. Todd Brown is supported in part by NIAID K24AI120834. The contents of this publication are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Johns Hopkins ICTR, or NCATS. The MACS website is located at http://www.statepi.jhsph.edu/macs/macs.html.
See page 999 for disclosure information.