Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Influence of nonfatal hospitalization for heart failure on subsequent mortality in patients with chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1482-1487
- Risk following hospitalization in stable chronic systolic heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2013; 15: 885-891
- The vulnerable phase after hospitalization for heart failure.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2015; 12: 220-229
- Critical elements of clinical follow-up after hospital discharge for heart failure: insights from the EVEREST trial.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 367-374
- A comprehensive, longitudinal description of the in-hospital and post-discharge clinical, laboratory, and neurohormonal course of patients with heart failure who die or are re-hospitalized within 90 days: analysis from the EVEREST trial.Heart Fail Rev. 2012; 17: 485-509
- Effect of serelaxin on cardiac, renal, and hepatic biomarkers in the Relaxin in Acute Heart Failure (RELAX-AHF) development program: correlation with outcomes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: 196-206
- Effects of oral tolvaptan in patients hospitalized for worsening heart failure: the EVEREST Outcome Trial.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1319-1331
- Rationale and design of the multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the Efficacy of Vasopressin antagonism in Heart Failure: Outcome Study with Tolvaptan (EVEREST).J Card Fail. 2005; 11: 260-269
- The Statistical Analysis of Failure Time Data.2nd ed. J. Wiley, Hoboken, N.J.2002
- Influence of previous heart failure hospitalization on cardiovascular events in patients with reduced and preserved ejection fraction.Circ Heart Fail. 2014; 7: 590-595
- Trajectories of risk after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia: retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2015; 350: h411
- Prognosis and response to therapy of first inpatient and outpatient heart failure event in a heart failure clinical trial: MADIT-CRT.Eur J Heart Fail. 2014; 16: 560-565
- Influence of ejection fraction on cardiovascular outcomes in a broad spectrum of heart failure patients.Circulation. 2005; 112: 3738-3744
- Trends in length of stay and short-term outcomes among Medicare patients hospitalized for heart failure, 1993-2006.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2141-2147
- The disconnect between phase II and phase III trials of drugs for heart failure.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2013; 10: 85-97
- Relationship between hospital readmission and mortality rates for patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, or pneumonia.JAMA. 2013; 309: 587-593
There was no funding for this analysis. Otsuka Inc. (Rockville, Maryland) provided financial and material support for the EVEREST trial.
See page 616 for disclosure information.