Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dietary supplementation with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction: results of the GISSI-Prevenzione trial. Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio della Sopravvivenza nell'Infarto miocardico.Lancet. 1999; 354: 447-455
- Early protection against sudden death by n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids after myocardial infarction: time-course analysis of the results of the Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio della Sopravvivenza nell'Infarto Miocardico (GISSI)-Prevenzione.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1897-1903
- Alpha Omega trial group. n-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular events after myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2015-2026
- OMEGA, a randomized, placebo-controlled trial to test the effect of highly purified omega-3 fatty acids on top of modern guideline-adjusted therapy after myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2010; 122: 2152-2159
- Effects of B vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids on cardiovascular diseases: a randomised placebo controlled trial.BMJ. 2010; 341: c6273
- International comparisons of the management of patients with non-ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarction in the United Kingdom, Sweden, and the United States: the MINAP/NICOR, SWEDEHEART/RIKS-HIA, and ACTION Registry-GWTG/NCDR registries.Int J Cardiol. 2014; 175: 240-247
- Prevalence, predictors, and impact of conservative medical management for patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes who have angiographically documented significant coronary disease.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2008; 1: 369-378
- Regional patterns of use of a medical management strategy for patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes: insights from the EARLY ACS trial.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 205-213
- Relationship between adherence to evidence-based pharmacotherapy and long-term mortality after acute myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2007; 297: 177-186
- Impact of medication therapy discontinuation on mortality after myocardial infarction.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1842-1847
- Effect of purified omega-3 fatty acids on reducing left ventricular remodeling after acute myocardial infarction (OMEGA-REMODEL study): a double-blind randomized clinical trial.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2015; 17: 7
- Association between omega-3 fatty acid supplementation and risk of major cardiovascular disease events: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2012; 308: 1024-1033
- Long chain omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: a systematic review.Br J Nutr. 2012; 107: S201-S213
- Trajectories of risk after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia: retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2015; 350: h411
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cardiovascular diseases.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 585-594
- Cardiovascular care facts: a report from the national cardiovascular data registry: 2011.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1931-1947
- 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: a report of the American college of Cardiology/American heart association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e139-e228
- 2009 focused updates: ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (updating the 2004 guideline and 2007 focused update) and ACC/AHA/SCAI guidelines on percutaneous coronary intervention (updating the 2005 guideline and 2007 focused update) a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 2205-2241
- Exploratory analysis on the use of statins with or without n-3 PUFA and major events in patients discharged for acute myocardial infarction: an observational retrospective study.PloS One. 2013; 8: e62772
- Stabilizing effect of combined eicosapentaenoic acid and statin therapy on coronary thin-cap fibroatheroma.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 234: 114-119
- The imperative of overcoming barriers to the conduct of large, simple trials.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1397-1398
- Rescuing clinical trials in the United States and beyond: a call for action.Am Heart J. 2013; 165: 837-847
- Thrombus aspiration during ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1587-1597
- A registry-based randomized trial comparing radial and femoral approaches in women undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: the SAFE-PCI for Women (Study of Access Site for Enhancement of PCI for Women) trial.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 857-867
The study was funded by Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals . (Pomezia, Italy)
Dr. Nodari had full access to all the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
See page 345 for disclosure information.