Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide as a biochemical marker of high left ventricular end-diastolic pressure in patients with symptomatic left ventricular dysfunction.Am Heart J. 1998; 135: 825-832
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide as an indicator of left ventricular systolic function and long-term survival after acute myocardial infarction. Comparison with plasma atrial natriuretic peptide and n-terminal proatrial natriuretic peptide.Circulation. 1996; 93: 1963-1969
- Attenuation of compensation of endogenous cardiac natriuretic peptide system in chronic heart failure: prognostic role of plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentration in patients with chronic symptomatic left ventricular dysfunction.Circulation. 1997; 96: 509-516
- B-type natriuretic peptide in organic mitral regurgitation: determinants and impact on outcome.Circulation. 2005; 111: 2391-2397
- Prognostic value of serial B-type natriuretic peptide measurement in asymptomatic organic mitral regurgitation.Eur J Heart Fail. 2011; 13: 163-169
- Prognostic importance of brain natriuretic peptide and left ventricular longitudinal function in asymptomatic degenerative mitral regurgitation.Heart. 2012; 98: 584-591
- Prospective validation of the prognostic usefulness of B-type natriuretic peptide in asymptomatic patients with chronic severe aortic regurgitation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 1705-1714
- Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2005; 18: 1440-1463
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and doppler echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2003; 16: 777-802
- 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2014; 129: e521-643
- Utility of plasma N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide as a marker of functional capacity in patients with chronic severe mitral regurgitation.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 1498-1501
- Prevalence and prognosis of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and elevated N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide: a 10-year analysis from the Copenhagen Hospital Heart Failure Study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 240-247
- Elevated B-type natriuretic peptide despite normal left ventricular function on rest and exercise stress echocardiography in mitral regurgitation.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 363-370
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentration: impact of age and gender.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 976-982
Drs. Mentias and Patel contributed equally to the study and are considered as co-first authors.
See page 262 for disclosure information.