Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A role for endothelin-1 in peripheral vascular disease.Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2005; 3: 325-332
- Circulating and tissue endothelin immunoreactivity in advanced atherosclerosis.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 997-1001
- Onset of peripheral arterial disease: role of endothelin in endothelial dysfunction.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010; 10: 760-765
- Plasma endothelin-1 concentrations in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and nondiabetic patients with chronic arterial obstructive disease of the lower limbs.Int Angiol. 1999; 18: 77-79
- Fibroblast matrix gene expression and connective tissue remodeling: role of endothelin-1.J Invest Dermatol. 2001; 116: 417-425
- Regression of renal vascular fibrosis by endothelin receptor antagonism.Hypertension. 2001; 37: 490-496
- Increased endothelin-1 in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis and the effect of an endothelin receptor antagonist.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997; 156: 600-608
- Endothelin-1 promotes myofibroblast induction through the ETA receptor via a rac/phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway and is essential for the enhanced contractile phenotype of fibrotic fibroblasts.Mol Biol Cell. 2004; 15: 2707-2719
- Endothelin production and effects of endothelin antagonism during experimental airway inflammation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997; 155: 1404-1412
- Bosentan for the prevention of overcirculation-induced experimental pulmonary arterial hypertension.Circulation. 2003; 107: 1329-1335
- Augmentation of endothelial function by endothelin antagonism in human saphenous vein conduits.J Neurosurg. 2001; 94: 281-286
- Endothelin-receptor antagonist bosentan prevents and reverses hypoxic pulmonary hypertension in rats.J Appl Physiol. 1995; 79: 2122-2131
- Bosentan prevents hypoxia-reoxygenation-induced pulmonary hypertension and improves pulmonary function.Ann Thorac Surg. 1999; 68: 1714-1721
- Developmental changes in plasma catecholamine concentrations during normoxia and acute hypoxia in the chick embryo.J Physiol. 2000; 527: 593-599
- Treatment of thromboangiitis obliterans (Buerger's disease) with bosentan.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012; 12: 1-5
- Proposed design for a double blinded trial to evaluate medications for treatment of intermittent claudication.J Vasc Surg. 1992; 15: 882-884
- 2011 ACCF/AHA Focused update of the guideline for the management of patients with peripheral artery disease (updating the 2005 guideline): a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines.Circulation. 2011; 124: 2020-2045
- Inter-society consensus for the management of peripheral arterial disease (TASC II).J Vasc Surg. 2007; 45: S5-S67
- Guidelines for the ultrasound assessment of endothelial-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: a report of the International Brachial Artery Reactivity Task Force.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 257-265
- Direct association between C-reactive protein serum levels and endothelial dysfunction in patients with claudication.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2008; 35: 480-486
- Plasma endothelin-1 levels in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease at different Fontaine's stages.Panminerva Med. 1999; 41: 22-26
- A potential role for endothelin-1 in peripheral vascular disease.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2000; 36: S93-S94
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: current status and perspectives.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2000; 35: S65-S68
- Bosentan: a dual endothelin receptor antagonist.Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2002; 11: 991-1002
- Effects of the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitors, atorvastatin and simvastatin, on the expression of endothelin-1 and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in vascular endothelial cells.J Clin Invest. 1998; 101: 2711-2719
- Flow-mediated vasodilation: a diagnostic instrument, or an experimental tool?.Chest. 2005; 127: 2254-2263
- Assessment of flow-mediated dilation in humans: a methodological and physiological guideline.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011; 300: H2-H12
This clinical trial was funded by a Research Grant from the Foundation of the Spanish Society for Angiology and Vascular Surgery (Madrid, Spain).
See page 300 for disclosure information.