Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dry-land resistance training for competitive swimming.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1993; 25: 952-959
- Swimming onward: the future of aquatic rehabilitation.J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 1994; 4: 319-320
- Effects of exercise in cool water on body weight loss.Int J Obes. 1982; 6: 29-42
- Effects of swimming training on blood pressure and vascular function in adults >50 years of age.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1005-1010
- Comparison of central artery elasticity in swimmers, runners, and the sedentary.Am J Cardiol. 2011; 107: 783-787
- Radiological assessment of osteo-arthrosis.Ann Rheumat Dis. 1957; 16: 494-502
- Age-predicted maximal heart rate revisited.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 37: 153-156
- A new device for automatic measurements of arterial stiffness and ankle-brachial index.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 91: 1519-1522
- Central arterial compliance is associated with age- and habitual exercise-related differences in cardiovagal baroreflex sensitivity.Circulation. 2001; 104: 1627-1632
- Guidelines for the ultrasound assessment of endothelial-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: a report of the International Brachial Artery Reactivity Task Force.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 257-265
- The revised CONSORT statement for reporting randomized trials: explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2001; 134: 663-694
- Phosphorus addition reverses the positive effect of zebra mussels (Dreissena polymorpha) on the toxic cyanobacterium, Microcystis aeruginosa.Water Res. 2012; 46: 3471-3478
- Effects of cross-training. Transfer of training effects on VO2max between cycling, running and swimming.Sports Med. 1994; 18: 330-339
- Efficacy of artesunate-amodiaquine for treating uncomplicated falciparum malaria in sub-Saharan Africa: a multi-centre analysis.Malar J. 2009; 8: 203
- Differential impact of blood pressure–lowering drugs on central aortic pressure and clinical outcomes principal results of the Conduit Artery Function Evaluation (CAFE) Study.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1213-1225
- EULAR recommendations for the non-pharmacological core management of hip and knee osteoarthritis.Ann Rheumat Dis. 2013; 72: 1125-1135
- American College of Rheumatology 2012 recommendations for the use of nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic therapies in osteoarthritis of the hand, hip, and knee.Arthrit Care Res. 2012; 64: 465-474
- Estimates of the prevalence of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions in the United States: part I.Arthrit Rheumat. 2008; 58: 15-25
- Influence of lifestyle modification on arterial stiffness and wave reflections.Am J Hypertens. 2005; 18: 137-144
- Benefits of exercise in rheumatoid arthritis.J Aging Res. 2011; 2011: 681640
- Physical training reduces peripheral markers of inflammation in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2001; 22: 791-797
- Immunologic intervention in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis.Arthrit Rheumat. 2003; 48: 602-611
- The role of synovitis in pathophysiology and clinical symptoms of osteoarthritis.Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2010; 6: 625-635
- An analysis of 14 molecular markers for monitoring osteoarthritis: segregation of the markers into clusters and distinguishing osteoarthritis at baseline.Osteoarthrit Cartilage. 2000; 8: 180-185
- Aquatic exercise for the treatment of knee and hip osteoarthritis.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007; : CD005523
This study was supported by the grant from the National Swimming Pool Foundation , Colorado Springs, Colorado.
See page 144 for disclosure information.