Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence and prevalence of atrial fibrillation and associated mortality among Medicare beneficiaries: 1993–2007.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 85-93
- Prevalence, incidence, prognosis, and predisposing conditions for atrial fibrillation: population-based estimates.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 2N-9N
U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, PUMS 2009:1–135.
- Atrial fibrillation as an independent risk factor for stroke: the Framingham Study.Stroke. 1991; 22: 983-988
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on the risk of death: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 1998; 98: 946-952
- Premature atrial contractions in the general population: frequency and risk factors.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2302-2308
- Onset mechanism of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation detected by ambulatory Holter monitoring.Europace. 2006; 8: 204-210
- Impact of premature atrial contractions in atrial fibrillation.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2004; 27: 447-452
- Heart rate turbulence after atrial premature beats before spontaneous onset of atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 45: 278-284
- Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiograph.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2005; 18: 1440-1463
- An Introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivariate Behav Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- Matching as nonparametric preprocessing for reducing model dependence in parametric causal inference.Polit Anal. 2007; 15: 199-236
- Independent risk factors for atrial fibrillation in a population-based cohort. The Framingham Heart Study.JAMA. 1994; 271: 840-844
- Spontaneous initiation of atrial fibrillation by ectopic beats originating in the pulmonary veins.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 659-666
- Behavior of atrial ectopic beats before and after pulmonary vein isolation in patients with atrial fibrillation: a reduction in the number and arrhythmogenicity of ectopic firings.Heart Rhythm. 2006; 3: 1421-1427
- Atrial premature complexes and heart rate have prognostic significance in 1-month atrial fibrillation recurrence after electrical cardioversion.Europace. 2007; 9: 633-637
- Supraventricular ectopy and recurrence of atrial fibrillation after electrical cardioversion.Europace. 2006; 8: 341-344
- Burden and timing of premature atrial contractions after electrical cardioversion of persistent atrial fibrillation do not predict its recurrence.Clin Cardiol. 2008; 31: 492-497
- Cardiac arrhythmias and stroke: increased risk in men with high frequency of atrial ectopic beats.Stroke. 2000; 31: 2925-2929
- Frequent premature atrial contractions in stroke of undetermined etiology.Eur Neurol. 2009; 61: 285-288
- Excessive supraventricular ectopic activity and increased risk of atrial fibrillation and stroke.Circulation. 2010; 121: 1904-1911
- Frequent premature atrial complexes predict new occurrence of atrial fibrillation and adverse cardiovascular events.Europace. 2012; 14: 942-947
- Frequent atrial premature beats predict paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in stroke patients: an opportunity for a new diagnostic strategy.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2292-2294
- Frequent atrial premature contractions as a surrogate marker for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in patients with acute ischemic stroke.Heart. 2003; 89: 1247-1248
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
See page 1857 for disclosure information.