Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Factors associated with longer time from symptom onset to hospital presentation for patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 959-968
- Health care insurance, financial concerns in accessing care, and delays to hospital presentation in acute myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1392-1400
- Effect of door-to-balloon time on mortality in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 2180-2186
- Delay in presentation and reperfusion therapy in ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2008; 121: 316-323
- Health insurance and mortality in US adults.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 2289-2295
- America’s underinsured: a state-by-state look at health insurance affordability prior to the new coverage expansions.2014 (Available at:)Accessed on October 29, 2015)
- Health reform: implications for women's access to coverage and care.2013 (Available at:)https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/7987-03-health-reform-implications-for-women_s-access-to-coverage-and-care.pdf(Accessed on October 29, 2015)
- Women at risk: why many women are forgoing needed health care.2009 (Available at:)Accessed on October 29, 2015)
- Variation in recovery: role of gender on outcomes of young AMI patients (VIRGO) study design.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010; 3: 684-693
- Decade-long trends and factors associated with time to hospital presentation in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the Worcester Heart Attack study.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 3217-3223
- Reducing delay in seeking treatment by patients with acute coronary syndrome and stroke: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on cardiovascular nursing and stroke council.Circulation. 2006; 114: 168-182
- Enhancing recovery in coronary heart disease patients (ENRICHD): study design and methods.Am Heart J. 2000; 139: 1-9
- A global measure of perceived stress.J Health Soc Behav. 1983; 24: 385-396
- Association of a serotonin transporter polymorphism (5-HTTLPR) with depression, perceived stress, and norepinephrine in patients with coronary disease: the Heart and Soul Study.Am J Psychiatry. 2007; 164: 1379-1384
- Delay from symptom onset to hospital presentation for patients with non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1834-1841
- Age and sex differences and 20-year trends (1986 to 2005) in prehospital delay in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010; 3: 590-598
- Age and sex differences in duration of prehospital delay in patients with acute myocardial infarction a systematic review.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2001; 3: 82-92
Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act, 42 U.S.C. §1395dd. (1986).
- Effect of difficulty affording health care on health status after coronary revascularization.Circulation. 2005; 111: 2572-2578
- Are there gender differences related to symptoms of acute myocardial infarction? A Norwegian perspective.Prog Cardiovasc Nurs. 2006; 2: 14-19
- Time trends in symptoms and prehospital delay time in women vs. men with myocardial infarction over a 15-year period. The Northern Sweden MONICA Study.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2008; 7: 152-158
- Health consequences of uninsurance among adults in the United States: recent evidence and implications.Milbank Q. 2009; 87: 443-494
- Women and health coverage: the affordability gap.2007 (Available at:)Accessed October 29, 2015)
- Women's prehospital delay associated with myocardial infarction: does race really matter?.J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2007; 22: 279-285
- Women's experiences and behaviour at onset of symptoms of ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarction.Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2011; 10: 241-247
- Increasing trends of acute myocardial infarction in Spain: the MONICA-Catalonia Study.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 505-515
- Causes of delay in seeking treatment for heart attack symptoms.Soc Sci Med. 1995; 40: 379-392
- Insurance-related differences in the risk of ruptured appendix.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 444-449
- Financial stress and outcomes after acute myocardial infarction.PLoS One. 2012; 7
- Patient delay from onset of chest pain suggesting acute coronary syndrome to hospital admission.Scand Cardiovasc J. 2003; 37: 183-186
Present address for Dr. Chen: Department of Emergency Medicine, Alameda County Medical Center, Highland Hospital, Oakland, California.
Present address for Dr. Lorenze: Section of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut.
The VIRGO study was supported by 5 R01 HL081153 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (Bethesda, Maryland). Infarto de Miocardio en la Mujer Joven was supported in Spain by a grant from the Fondo de Investigaciones Sanitarias del Instituto Carlos III (Madrid, Spain) ( PI 081614 ), Ministry of Science and Technology, and additional funds from the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares (Madrid, Spain). Dr. Krumholz is supported by U01 HL105270-05 (Center for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research at Yale University) from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute .
See page 1831 for disclosure information.