Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association between retinopathy and cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease (From the chronic renal insufficiency cohort [CRIC] study).Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 246-253
- The Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort (CRIC) study: design and methods.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003; 14: S148-S153
- Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort (CRIC) Study: baseline characteristics and associations with kidney function.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 4: 1302-1311
- Methods for evaluation of retinal microvascular abnormalities associated with hypertension/sclerosis in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study.Ophthalmology. 1999; 106: 2269-2280
- Grading diabetic retinopathy from stereoscopic color fundus photographs—an extension of the Modified Airlie House classification. ETDRS Report Number 10.Ophthalmology. 1991; 98: 786-806
- Diabetic retinopathy in a multi-ethnic cohort in the United States.Am J Ophthalmol. 2006; 141: 446-455
- Retinopathy and chronic kidney disease in the chronic renal insufficiency cohort study (CRIC).Arch Ophthalmol. 2012; 130: 1136-1144
- Estimating GFR among participants in the chronic renal insufficiency cohort (CRIC) study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 60: 250-261
- Prevalence of Ocular fundus pathology in subjects with chronic kidney disease: the chronic renal insufficiency cohort (CRIC) study.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 867-873
- Retinopathy predicts coronary heart disease mortality.Heart. 2009; 95: 391-394
- Retinal signs and stroke: revisiting the link between the eye and brain.Stroke. 2008; 39: 1371-1379
- Retinal vessel diameters and risk of impaired fasting glucose or diabetes: the Rotterdam study.Diabetes. 2006; 44: 506-510
- The relation of markers of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction to the prevalence and progression of diabetic retinopathy. Wisconsin epidemiologic study of diabetic retinopathy.Arch Ophthalmol. 2009; 127: 1175-1182
- Retinal venular diameter as an early indicator of progression to proliferative diabetic retinopathy with and without high-risk characteristics in African Americans with type 1 diabetes mellitus.Arch Ophthalmol. 2011; 129: 8-15
- The relationship between retinal arteriolar and venular calibers is genetically mediated, and each is associated with risk of cardiovascular disease.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011; 52: 975-981
- Changes in retinal vessel diameter and incidence and progression of diabetic retinopathy.Arch Ophthalmol. 2012; 130: 749-755
- Quantitative retinal venular caliber and risk of cardiovascular disease in older persons: the cardiovascular health study.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 2388-2394
- Retinal vessel diameters and risk of stroke: the Rotterdam Study.Neurology. 2006; 66: 1339-1343
- The relationship between retinal microvascular abnormalities and coronary heart disease: a review.Am J Med. 2010; 123: 374.e1-374.e7
- Bidirectional association between retinal vessel diameters and estimated GFR decline: the Beaver Dam CKD Study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2011; 57: 682-691
Funding: This study was supported by Grant RO1 DK 74151 from National Institutes of Health. CRIC was funded by Grants U01DK060990, U01DK060984, U01DK061022, U01DK061021, U01DK061028, U01DK060980, U01DK060963, and U01DK060902 from NIDDK cooperative agreements, Grant UL1TR000003 from University of Pennsylvania Clinical and Translational Science Award NIH/NCATS, Grant UL1 TR-000424 from Johns Hopkins University, Grant M01 RR-16500 from University of Maryland GCRC, Grant UL1TR000439 from Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative of Cleveland, Grant UL1TR000433 from Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR), Grant UL1RR029879 from University of Illinois at Chicago CTSA, Grant P30GM103337 from Tulane University Translational Research in Hypertension and Renal Biology, Grant UL1 RR-024131 from Kaiser Permanente NIH/NCRR UCSF-CTSI, Vivian S. Lasko Research Fund, Nina C. Mackall Trust, and Research to Prevent Blindness.
See page 1532 for disclosure information.