Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pathophysiology of coronary artery disease.Circulation. 2005; 111: 3481-3488
- Plaque regression determined by intravascular ultrasound predicts long-term outcomes of patients with acute coronary syndrome.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2011; 18: 231-239
- Coronary atheroma volume and cardiovascular events during maximally intensive statin therapy.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 3182-3190
- Effects of statins on vascular structure and function: a systematic review.Am J Med. 2004; 117: 775-790
- Effect of intensive statin therapy on regression of coronary atherosclerosis in patients with acute coronary syndrome: a multicenter randomized trial evaluated by volumetric intravascular ultrasound using pitavastatin versus atorvastatin (JAPAN-ACS [Japan assessment of pitavastatin and atorvastatin in acute coronary syndrome] study).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 293-302
- Effect of high-intensity statin therapy on atherosclerosis in non-infarct-related coronary arteries (IBIS-4): a serial intravascular ultrasonography study.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 490-500
- Effect of statin therapy on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012; 12: 70
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2535
- Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011].The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011 (England: Chichester, Available at: http://www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed on May 17, 2015)
- Impact of intracoronary bone marrow cell therapy on left ventricular function in the setting of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a collaborative meta-analysis.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 989-998
- The effects of rosuvastatin on plaque regression in patients who have a mild to moderate degree of coronary stenosis with vulnerable plaque.Korean Circ J. 2008; 38: 366-373
- Comparison of effects of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin on plaque regression in Korean patients with untreated intermediate coronary stenosis.Circ J. 2011; 75: 398-406
- Effect of two intensive statin regimens on progression of coronary disease.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 2078-2087
- Influence of different statins in standard dose on stable plaques.South China J Cardiovasc Dis. 2012; 18: 576-580
- Comparison of effects of atorvastatin (20 mg) versus rosuvastatin (10 mg) therapy on mild coronary atherosclerotic plaques (from the ARTMAP trial).Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1700-1704
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the treatment of blood cholesterol to reduce atherosclerotic cardiovascular risk in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2889-2934
- ESC/EAS Guidelines for the management of dyslipidaemias: the Task Force for the management of dyslipidaemias of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS).Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 1769-1818
- Chinese guidelines on prevention and treatment of dyslipidemia in adults.Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2007; 35: 390-419
- Atherosclerosis: current pathogenesis and therapeutic options.Nat Med. 2011; 17: 1410-1422
- The pleiotropic effects of the hydroxy-methyl-glutaryl-CoA reductase inhibitors in cardiovascular disease: a comprehensive review.Cardiol Rev. 2010; 18: 298-304
- Impact of baseline lipoprotein and C-reactive protein levels on coronary atheroma regression following high-intensity statin therapy.Am J Cardiol. 2014; 114: 1465-1472
- Long-term effects of maximally intensive statin therapy on changes in coronary atheroma composition: insights from SATURN.Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 15: 380-388
- C-reactive protein, but not low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, associate with coronary atheroma regression and cardiovascular events after maximally intensive statin therapy.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2395-2403
- Comparison of benefits and risks of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin from a meta-analysis of head-to-head randomized controlled trials.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 1654-1662
- Efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin 40 mg versus atorvastatin 80 mg in high-risk patients with hypercholesterolemia: results of the POLARIS study.Atherosclerosis. 2007; 194: e154-e164
- Expression of HMG-CoA reductase in human coronary atherosclerotic plaques and relationship to plaque destabilisation.Heart. 2011; 97: 715-720
Drs Qian and Wei contributed equally to this work.
This work was supported by grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China to Yanggan Wang [NSFC, Grant Nos. 81270304 and 81420108004].
See page 1526 for disclosure information.