Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Seasonality and daily weather conditions in relation to myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1979 to 2002.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 287-292
- When throughout the year is coronary death most likely to occur? A 12-year population-based analysis of more than 220 000 cases.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1630-1634
- Seasonal variation in coronary artery disease mortality in Hawaii: observational study.BMJ. 1998; 316: 1946-1947
- Seasonality of coronary artery deaths in New South Wales, Australia.Heart. 2002; 88: 30-34
- Mortality due to influenza in the United States—an annualized regression approach using multiple-cause mortality data.Am J Epidemiol. 2006; 163: 181-187
- The impact of weather on influenza and pneumonia mortality in New York City, 1975–2002: a retrospective study.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e34091
- A multicounty analysis identifying the populations vulnerable to mortality associated with high ambient temperature in California.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 168: 632-637
- Cold exposure and winter mortality from ischaemic heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, respiratory disease, and all causes in warm and cold regions of Europe. The Eurowinter Group.Lancet. 1997; 349: 1341-1346
- Hemodynamics of seasonal adaptation.Am J Hypertens. 1990; 3: 405-407
- Air temperature and the occurrence of myocardial infarction in Augsburg, Germany.Circulation. 2009; 120: 735-742
- Seasonal variation of some metabolic and haemostatic risk factors in subjects with and without coronary artery disease.Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2001; 12: 359-365
- Cholesterol crystals cause mechanical damage to biological membranes: a proposed mechanism of plaque rupture and erosion leading to arterial thrombosis.Clin Cardiol. 2005; 28: 413-420
- Role of infection as a risk factor for atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, and stroke.Clin Infect Dis. 1998; 26: 719-734
- Preceding infection as an important risk factor for ischaemic brain infarction in young and middle aged patients.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed. 1988; 296: 1156-1160
- Acute respiratory-tract infections and risk of first-time acute myocardial infarction.Lancet. 1998; 351: 1467-1471
- Influenza seasonality: underlying causes and modeling theories.J Virol. 2007; 81: 5429-5436
- Vitamin D deficiency and coronary artery disease: a review of the evidence.Am Heart J. 2014; 167: 283-291
- Vitamin D and risk of cause specific death: systematic review and meta-analysis of observational cohort and randomised intervention studies.BMJ. 2014; 348: g1903
- Seasonal variation in chronic heart failure hospitalizations and mortality in France.Circulation. 1999; 100: 280-286
- Seasonal variation in heart failure hospitalization.Clin Cardiol. 2011; 34: 389-394
Partially supported by CTSC Grant 8ULITR000041 from National Institutes of Health (Albuquerque, New Mexico), which had no role in the study.
See page 1297 for disclosure information.