Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rapid measurement of B-type natriuretic peptide in the emergency diagnosis of heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 161-167
- The N-terminal Pro-BNP investigation of dyspnea in the emergency department (PRIDE) study.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95: 948-954
- Recommendations for the use of natriuretic peptides in acute cardiac care: a position statement from the Study Group on Biomarkers in Cardiology of the ESC Working Group on Acute Cardiac Care.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 2001-2006
- Plasma natriuretic peptide levels and the risk of cardiovascular events and death.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 655-663
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, but not high sensitivity C-reactive protein, improves cardiovascular risk prediction in the general population.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 1374-1381
- Novel and conventional biomarkers for prediction of incident cardiovascular events in the community.JAMA. 2009; 302: 49-57
- Predictive value of plasma B-type natriuretic peptide for ischemic stroke: a community-based longitudinal study.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 207: 298-303
- Use of multiple biomarkers to improve the prediction of death from cardiovascular causes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2107-2116
- Plasma N-terminal fragments of natriuretic propeptides predict the risk of cardiovascular events and mortality in middle-aged men.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1230-1237
- B-type natriuretic peptides improve cardiovascular disease risk prediction in a cohort of women.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1789-1797
- Contribution of 30 biomarkers to 10-year cardiovascular risk estimation in 2 population cohorts: the MONICA, risk, genetics, archiving, and monograph (MORGAM) biomarker project.Circulation. 2010; 121: 2388-2397
- Sensitive cardiac troponin T assay and the risk of incident cardiovascular disease in women with and without diabetes mellitus: the Women's Health Study.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2811-2818
- Robust variance estimation for the case-cohort design.Biometrics. 1994; 50: 1064-1072
- Computational methods for case-cohort studies.Comp Stats Data Anal. 2007; 51: 3737-3748
- Computing the Cox model for case cohort designs.Lifetime Data Anal. 1999; 5: 99-112
- 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 63: 2935-2959
- Development and validation of improved algorithms for the assessment of global cardiovascular risk in women: the Reynolds Risk Score.JAMA. 2007; 297: 611-619
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, C-reactive protein, and urinary albumin levels as predictors of mortality and cardiovascular events in older adults.JAMA. 2005; 293: 1609-1616
- Association of elevated B-type natriuretic peptide levels with angiographic findings among patients with unstable angina and non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 44: 564-568
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide and long-term mortality in stable coronary heart disease.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 666-675
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide is a major predictor of the development of atrial fibrillation: the Cardiovascular Health Study.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1768-1774
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide, and incidence of stroke: the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.Stroke. 2013; 44: 961-967
The Women's Health Study was supported by Grants HL- 043851 , HL-080467 , HL-113080 , and HL-099355 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and Grant CA-047988 from the National Cancer Institute , the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation (Las Vegas, Nevada), the Leducq Foundation (Paris, France), and the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (New York, New York). This WHS substudy was funded by an investigator-initiated award to Dr. Everett from Roche Diagnostics, Indianapolis, Indiana.
See page 536 for disclosure information.