Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- HCUP Projections: Mobility/Orthopedic Procedures 2003 to 2012. Report # 2012-03.U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; Rockville, MD, 2012 (Available at:)Accessed on November 1, 2014)
- Prevalence, health care expenditures, and orthopedic surgery workforce for musculoskeletal conditions.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1586-1587
- Trends in Operating Room Procedures in U.S. Hospitals, 2001–2011. HCUP Statistical Brief #171.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2014
- ACC/AHA 2007 guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation and care for noncardiac surgery: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 2002 Guidelines on perioperative cardiovascular evaluation for noncardiac surgery) developed in collaboration with the American Society of Echocardiography, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Society, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology, and Society for Vascular Surgery.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: e159-e241
- Perioperative myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2009; 119: 2936-2944
- Cardiac troponin I. A marker with high specificity for cardiac injury.Circulation. 1993; 88: 101-106
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1581-1598
- Thrombotic and bleeding complications after orthopedic surgery.Am Heart J. 2013; 165: 427-433.e1
- Troponin I as a diagnostic marker of a perioperative myocardial infarction in the orthopedic population.J Clin Anesth. 2001; 13: 556-560
- Cardiac troponin I release after hip surgery correlates with poor long-term cardiac outcome.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2008; 25: 158-164
- The one year incidence of postoperative myocardial infarction in an orthopedic population.HSS J. 2008; 4: 76-80
- Incidence of post-operative troponin I rises and 1-year mortality after emergency orthopaedic surgery in older patients.Age Ageing. 2009; 38: 168-174
- Quality of postoperative care after major orthopedic surgery is correlated with both long-term cardiovascular outcome and troponin Ic elevation.Anesthesiology. 2010; 113: 529-540
- Usefulness of troponin T to predict short-term and long-term mortality in patients after hip fracture.Am J Cardiol. 2014; 114: 193-197
- Association between postoperative troponin levels and 30-day mortality among patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2295-2304
- Myocardial injury after noncardiac surgery and its association with short-term mortality.Circulation. 2013; 127: 2264-2271
- Prognostic value of troponin and creatine kinase muscle and brain isoenzyme measurement after noncardiac surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Anesthesiology. 2011; 114: 796-806
- In reply to the letter to the editor by Paul et al.Am Heart J. 2013; 165: e29
- Troponin T as a predictive marker of morbidity in patients with fractured neck of femur.Injury. 2008; 39: 775-780
- Elevated serum cardiac troponin I in older patients with hip fracture: incidence and prognostic significance.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008; 128: 1073-1079
- Derivation and prospective validation of a simple index for prediction of cardiac risk of major noncardiac surgery.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1043-1049
- Type 2 myocardial infarction: the next frontier.Am J Med. 2014; 127: e19
- Platelet aggregation and coagulation factors in orthopedic surgery.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2014; 38: 430-438
- Management of perioperative myocardial infarction in noncardiac surgical patients.Chest. 2006; 130: 584-596
- Does cardiology intervention improve mortality for post-operative troponin elevations after emergency orthopaedic-geriatric surgery? A randomised controlled study.Injury. 2012; 43: 1193-1198
- Characteristics and short-term prognosis of perioperative myocardial infarction in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery: a cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 523-528
Drs. Oberweis and Smilowitz contributed equally to this study.
See page 1647 for disclosure information.