Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sudden cardiac death.Circulation. 1998; 98: 2334-2351
- Angiotensin II, adhesion, and cardiac fibrosis.Cardiovasc Res. 2000; 46: 264-268
- Differential effects of angiotensin II on cardiac cell proliferation and intramyocardial perivascular fibrosis in vivo.Circulation. 1998; 98: 2765-2773
- The extent of left ventricular scar quantified by late gadolinium enhancement MRI is associated with spontaneous ventricular arrhythmias in patients with coronary artery disease and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2011; 4: 324-330
- Left ventricular scar burden specifies the potential for ventricular arrhythmogenesis: a LGE-CMR study.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2013; 24: 430-436
- Targeting cardiac fibrosis: a new frontier in antiarrhythmic therapy?.Am J Cardiovasc Dis. 2011; 1: 101-109
- Diminished cardiac fibrosis in heart failure is associated with altered ventricular arrhythmia phenotype.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010; 21: 1031-1037
- Association of fibrosis with mortality and sudden cardiac death in patients with nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy.JAMA. 2013; 309: 896-908
- Effect of captopril on mortality and morbidity in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction. Results of the survival and ventricular enlargement trial. The SAVE investigators.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 669-677
- Effects of enalapril on long-term mortality in severe congestive heart failure. CONSENSUS trial group.Am J Cardiol. 1992; 69: 103-107
- Effect of enalapril on mortality and the development of heart failure in asymptomatic patients with reduced left ventricular ejection fractions. The SOLVD investigators.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 685-691
- Left ventricular ejection fraction and absence of ace inhibitor/angiotensin II receptor blocker predicts appropriate defibrillator therapy in the primary prevention population.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2010; 33: 696-704
- Genetic variation in the alternative splicing regulator rbm20 is associated with dilated cardiomyopathy.Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 390-396
- Using the standardized difference to compare the prevalence of a binary variable between two groups in observational research.Commun Stat Simulation Comput. 2009; 38: 1228-1234
- Antiarrhythmic and nonantiarrhythmic drugs for sudden cardiac death prevention.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010; 55: 438-449
- Effect of ramipril on morbidity and mode of death among survivors of acute myocardial infarction with clinical evidence of heart failure. A report from the AIRE study investigators.Eur Heart J. 1997; 18: 41-51
- A comparison of enalapril with hydralazine-isosorbide dinitrate in the treatment of chronic congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 303-310
- A clinical trial of the angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor trandolapril in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction. Trandolapril cardiac evaluation (TRACE) study group.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1670-1676
- Effects of an angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor, ramipril, on cardiovascular events in high-risk patients. The heart outcomes prevention evaluation study investigators.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 145-153
- Effects of enalapril on mortality in severe congestive heart failure. Results of the cooperative north scandinavian enalapril survival study (CONSENSUS). The CONSENSUS trial study group.N Engl J Med. 1987; 316: 1429-1435
- A randomized trial of the angiotensin-receptor blocker valsartan in chronic heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1667-1675
- Inhibition of c-src tyrosine kinase prevents angiotensin ii-mediated connexin-43 remodeling and sudden cardiac death.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 2332-2339
- Mitochondria oxidative stress, connexin43 remodeling, and sudden arrhythmic death.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013; 6: 623-631
- Assessment of myocardial scarring improves risk stratification in patients evaluated for cardiac defibrillator implantation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 408-420
- Prediction of arrhythmic events in ischemic and dilated cardiomyopathy patients referred for implantable cardiac defibrillator: evaluation of multiple scar quantification measures for late gadolinium enhancement magnetic resonance imaging.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: 448-456
- Outcomes of patients with chronic kidney disease and implantable cardiac defibrillator: primary versus secondary prevention.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 165: 113-116
- Impact of carvedilol and metoprolol on inappropriate implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy: the MADIT-CRT trial (multicenter automatic defibrillator implantation with cardiac resynchronization therapy).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 1343-1350
Drs. AlJaroudi and Refaat contributed equally.
This study was supported by a research grant #R01 HL77398 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Trial Registration: ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT02045043).
See page 931 for disclosure information.