Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A propensity-matched study of the association of low serum potassium levels and mortality in chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 1334-1343
- A propensity-matched study of low serum potassium and mortality in older adults with chronic heart failure.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 137: 1-8
- Biomarkers in acutely decompensated heart failure with preserved or reduced ejection fraction.Am Heart J. 2012; 164: 763-770
- What is the optimal serum potassium level in cardiovascular patients?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 155-161
- Diuretic strategies in patients with acute decompensated heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 797-805
- Changes in renal function during hospitalization and soon after discharge in patients admitted for worsening heart failure in the placebo group of the EVEREST trial.Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 2563-2572
- Mild hyperkalemia and outcomes in chronic heart failure: a propensity matched study.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 144: 383-388
- Rationale and design of the multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy of vasopressin antagonism in heart failure: outcome study with tolvaptan (EVEREST).J Card Fail. 2005; 11: 260-269
- Short-term clinical effects of tolvaptan, an oral vasopressin antagonist, in patients hospitalized for heart failure: the EVEREST Clinical Status Trials.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1332-1343
- Effects of oral tolvaptan in patients hospitalized for worsening heart failure: the EVEREST Outcome Trial.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1319-1331
- Hypokalemia and outcomes in patients with chronic heart failure and chronic kidney disease: findings from propensity-matched studies.Circ Heart Fail. 2010; 3: 253-260
- Oral potassium supplement use and outcomes in chronic heart failure: a propensity-matched study.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 141: 167-174
- A comprehensive, longitudinal description of the in-hospital and post-discharge clinical, laboratory, and neurohormonal course of patients with heart failure who die or are re-hospitalized within 90 days: analysis from the EVEREST trial.Heart Fail Rev. 2012; 17: 485-509
- A proposed cybernetic system for sodium and potassium homeostasis: coordination of aldosterone and intrarenal physical factors.Kidney Int. 1974; 6: 281-290
- The effect of spironolactone on morbidity and mortality in patients with severe heart failure. Randomized Aldactone Evaluation Study Investigators.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 709-717
- Eplerenone in patients with systolic heart failure and mild symptoms.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 11-21
- Rates of hyperkalemia after publication of the Randomized Aldactone Evaluation Study.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 543-551
- Spironolactone use and renal toxicity: population based longitudinal analysis.BMJ. 2010; 340: 1768
- Incidence, determinants, and prognostic significance of hyperkalemia and worsening renal function in patients with heart failure receiving the mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist eplerenone or placebo in addition to optimal medical therapy: results from the Eplerenone in Mild Patients Hospitalization and Survival Study in Heart Failure (EMPHASIS-HF).Circ Heart Fail. 2014; 7: 51-58
- Challenge of rehospitalizations for heart failure: potential of natriuretic doses of mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists.Am Heart J. 2011; 161: 221-223
- Rationale and design of ARTS: a randomized, double-blind study of BAY 94-8862 in patients with chronic heart failure and mild or moderate chronic kidney disease.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 668-675
Otsuka Inc. (Rockville, Maryland) provided financial and material support for the EVEREST trial. Database management was performed by the sponsor.
See page 795 for disclosure information.