Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Obesity and the risk of myocardial infarction in 27000 participants from 52 countries: a case-control study.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1640-1649
- International Day for the Evaluation of Abdominal Obesity (IDEA): a study of waist circumference, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes mellitus in 168000 primary care patients in 63 countries.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1942-1951
- Abdominal obesity and metabolic syndrome.Nature. 2006; 444: 881-887
- General and abdominal adiposity and risk of death in Europe.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 2105-2120
- Body-mass index and cause-specific mortality in 900 000 adults: collaborative analyses of 57 prospective studies.Lancet. 2009; 373: 1083-1096
- Body-mass index and mortality among 1.46 million white adults.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2211-2219
- Separate and combined associations of body-mass index and abdominal adiposity with cardiovascular disease: collaborative analysis of 58 prospective studies.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1085-1095
- Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults—the evidence report.Obes Res. 1998; 6: 51S-209S
WHO. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: Guideline for Assessment and Management of Cardiovascular Risk. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 2007. Available at: http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/publications/Prevention_of_Cardiovascular_Disease/en/. Accessed on December 1, 2014.
- Effect of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with myocardial infarction in 52 countries (the INTERHEART study): case-control study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 937-952
- Abdominal and total adiposity and risk of coronary heart disease in men.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001; 25: 1047-1056
- Waist circumference and not body mass index explains obesity-related health risk.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 79: 379-384
- Central obesity and survival in subjects with coronary artery disease: a systematic review of the literature and collaborative analysis with individual subject data.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1877-1886
- Body fat distribution and risk of coronary heart disease in men and women in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition in Norfolk cohort: a population-based prospective study.Circulation. 2007; 116: 2933-2943
- Does abdominal obesity have a similar impact on cardiovascular disease and diabetes? A study of 91246 ambulant patients in 27 European countries.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 3055-3063
- Waist circumference as a vital sign in cardiology 20 years after its initial publication in the American Journal of Cardiology.Am J Cardiol. 2014; 114: 320-323
- Body mass index and waist circumference independently contribute to the prediction of nonabdominal, abdominal subcutaneous, and visceral fat.Am J Clin Nutr. 2002; 75: 683-688
- Effect of rimonabant on the high-triglyceride/low-HDL-cholesterol dyslipidemia, intraabdominal adiposity, and liver fat: the ADAGIO-Lipids trial.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009; 29: 416-423
- Difference between liver and spleen CT numbers in the normal adult: its usefulness in predicting the presence of diffuse liver disease.Radiology. 1980; 137: 727-729
- Errors that result from using the TC/HDL C ratio rather than the apoB/apoA-I ratio to identify the lipoprotein-related risk of vascular disease.J Intern Med. 2006; 259: 455-461
- Abdominal obesity and the metabolic syndrome: contribution to global cardiometabolic risk.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008; 28: 1039-1049
- Excess visceral adipose tissue/ectopic fat the missing link in the obesity paradox?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 1887-1889
- Regional distribution of body fat, plasma lipoproteins, and cardiovascular disease.Arteriosclerosis. 1990; 10: 497-511
- Body mass index, waist circumference and waist:hip ratio as predictors of cardiovascular risk—a review of the literature.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010; 64: 16-22
- Variable contributions of fat content and distribution to metabolic syndrome risk factors.Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2008; 6: 281-288
- Metabolic risks identified by the combination of enlarged waist and elevated triacylglycerol concentration.Am J Clin Nutr. 2003; 78: 928-934
- Prediction of type 2 diabetes mellitus with alternative definitions of the metabolic syndrome: the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study.Circulation. 2005; 112: 3713-3721
- Ethnic influences on the relations between abdominal subcutaneous and visceral adiposity, liver fat, and cardiometabolic risk profile: the International Study of Prediction of Intra-Abdominal Adiposity and its Relationship with Cardiometabolic Risk/Intra-Abdominal Adiposity.Am J Clin Nut. 2012; 96: 714-726
- The influence of hip circumference on the relationship between abdominal obesity and mortality.Int J Epidemiol. 2012; 41: 484-494
- Novel and established anthropometric measures and the prediction of incident cardiovascular disease: a cohort study.Int J Obes. 2013; 37: 1579-1585
This work was performed at the Centre de recherche de l’Institut universitaire de cardiologie et de pneumologie de Québec, Québec, QC, Canada.
See page 314 for disclosure information.