Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Cardiology
- Study Group on Biomarkers in Cardiology of the Acute Cardiovascular Care Association of the European Society of Cardiology. How to use C-reactive protein in acute coronary care.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 3687-3690
- Anti-inflammatory strategies for ventricular remodeling following ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1593-1603
- Interleukin-1 in the pathogenesis and treatment of inflammatory diseases.Blood. 2011; 117: 3720-3732
- Targeting interleukin-1 in heart disease.Circulation. 2013; 128: 1910-1923
- Interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra to prevent adverse cardiac remodeling after acute myocardial infarction (Virginia Commonwealth University Anakinra Remodeling Trial [VCU-ART] Pilot study).Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 1371-1377
- Effects of interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra on adverse cardiac remodeling and heart failure after acute myocardial infarction [from the Virginia Commonwealth University-Anakinra Remodeling Trial (2) (VCU-ART2) pilot study].Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 1394-1400
- The effect of Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist therapy on markers of inflammation in non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes: the MRC-ILA Heart Study.Eur Heart J. 2014, Epub ahead of print;
- Enhanced Interleukin-1 activity contributes to exercise intolerance in patients with systolic heart failure.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e33438
- Effects of interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra on aerobic exercise capacity in patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction (from the D-HART pilot study).Am J Cardiol. 2014; 113: 321-327
- CANTOS Pilot Investigative Group. Effects of Interleukin-1β inhibition with canakinumab on hemoglobin A1c, lipids, C-reactive protein, interleukin-6, and fibrinogen: a phase IIb randomized, placebo-controlled trial.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2739-2748
- Effects of gevokizumab on glycemia and inflammatory markers in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 1654-1662
- Anti-inflammatory therapies in acute coronary syndromes: is IL-1 blockade a solution?.Eur Heart J. 2014; (Epub ahead of print)
- Third universal definition of myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1581-1598
- Defining heart failure end points in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction trials: integrating past experiences to chart a path forward.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2012; 5: 594-600
- C-reactive protein and other inflammatory biomarkers as predictors of outcome following acute coronary syndromes.Semin Vasc Med. 2003; 3: 375-384
- Investigation of the effect of Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra) on markers of inflammation in non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes (The MRC-ILA-HEART Study).Trials. 2008; 9: 8
- Interleukin-1β inhibition and the prevention of recurrent cardiovascular events: rationale and design of the Canakinumab Anti-inflammatory Thrombosis Outcomes Study (CANTOS).Am Heart J. 2011; 162: 597-605
- Anakinra, a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, inhibits apoptosis in experimental acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2008; 117: 2670-2683
- Interleukin-1β induces a reversible cardiomyopathy in the mouse.Inflamm Res. 2013; 62: 637-640
- Interleukin-1β blockade improves cardiac remodelling after myocardial infarction without interrupting the inflammasome in the mouse.Exp Physiol. 2013; 98: 734-745
- Interleukin-1β blockade improves left ventricular systolic/diastolic function and restores contractility reserve in severe ischemic cardiomyopathy in the mouse.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2014; 64: 1-6
VCU-ART3. Available at: www.clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01950299. Accessed September 26, 2014.
CANTOS HF, substudy. Available at: www.clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01900600. Accessed September 26, 2014.
- Targeting interleukin-1 in heart failure and inflammatory heart disease.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2014; (Epub ahead of print)
This study was funded by an American Heart Association Scientist Development grant 10SDG 3030051 and a Presidential Research Incentive Program of the Virginia Commonwealth University to Dr. Abbate and by the internal funds of the VCU Pauley Heart Center and Victoria Johnson Research Laboratories (all located in Richmond, VA, USA). Dr. Van Tassell was supported by an Institutional National Institute of Health K12 award KL2RR031989.
Clinical trials registration: www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT00789724 and NCT01175018).
See page 291 for disclosure information.