- •The effect of the metabolic syndrome (MS) on prognosis in the catheterization laboratory is controversial.
- •Patients with MS had more CAD, ACS, and elevated atherogenic biomarkers.
- •MS had a significant effect on mortality in stable patients and not in patients with ACS.
- Admission glucose, fasting glucose, HbA1c levels and the SYNTAX score in non-diabetic patients undergoing coronary angiography.Clin Res Cardiol. 2014; 103: 223-227
- Lack of correlation between coronary blood flow and carotid intima media thickness.Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2014; 56: 371-381
- Inverse correlation between coronary and retinal blood flows in patients with normal coronary arteries and slow coronary blood flow.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 232: 149-154
- Hyperglycemia in patients referred for cardiac catheterization is associated with preexisting diabetes rather than a stress-related phenomenon: a prospective cross-sectional study.Clin Cardiol. 2014; 37: 479-484
- Higher neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio is related to lower ejection fraction and higher long-term all-cause mortality in ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients.Can J Cardiol. 2014; 30: 1177-1182
- Anemia and inflammation have an additive value in risk stratification of patients undergoing coronary interventions.J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown, Md). 2013; (In press)
- Usefulness of metabolic syndrome score in the prediction of angiographic coronary artery disease severity according to the presence of diabetes mellitus: relation with inflammatory markers and adipokines.Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013; 12: 140
- The reliability and prognosis of in-hospital diagnosis of metabolic syndrome in the setting of acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 704-708
- Prognostic value of admission glycosylated hemoglobin and glucose in nondiabetic patients with ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction treated with percutaneous coronary intervention.Circulation. 2011; 124: 704-711
- Metabolic syndrome: clinical and angiographic impact on patients with acute coronary syndrome.Cir Cir. 2010; 78: 113-120
- Plaque composition and clinical outcomes in acute coronary syndrome patients with metabolic syndrome or diabetes.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012; 5: S42-S52
- Metabolic syndrome and outcome in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Acta Clin Croat. 2011; 50: 193-199
- Impact of the metabolic syndrome on angiographic and clinical events after coronary intervention using bare-metal or sirolimus-eluting stents.Am J Cardiol. 2007; 100: 1347-1352
- Intima-media thickness correlates with features of metabolic syndrome in young people with a clinical diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolaemia.Kardiol Pol. 2013; 71: 566-572
- Effects of combination lipid therapy on coronary stenosis progression and clinical cardiovascular events in coronary disease patients with metabolic syndrome: a combined analysis of the Familial Atherosclerosis Treatment Study (FATS), the HDL-Atherosclerosis Treatment Study (HATS), and the Armed Forces Regression Study (AFREGS).Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 1457-1464
- Cardiovascular risk factor control and adherence to recommended lifestyle and medical therapies in persons with coronary heart disease (from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2007-2010).Am J Cardiol. 2013; 112: 1126-1132
- Obesity and the metabolic syndrome in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 144: 450-451
- Clustering of metabolic syndrome components attenuates coronary plaque regression during intensive statin therapy in patients with acute coronary syndrome: the JAPAN-ACS subanalysis study.Circ J. 2012; 76: 2840-2847
- Metabolic syndrome, obesity, and mortality: impact of cardiorespiratory fitness.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 391-397
- Weight reduction in patients with coronary artery disease: comparison of traditional Tibetan medicine and Western diet.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168: 1509-1515
- Self-reported prevalence and awareness of metabolic syndrome: findings from SHIELD.Int J Clin Pract. 2008; 62: 1168-1176
This study was supported by internal departmental resources.
See page 286 for disclosure information.