Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anti-inflammatory strategies for ventricular remodeling following ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1593-1603
- Interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra to prevent adverse cardiac remodeling after acute myocardial infarction (Virginia Commonwealth University Anakinra Remodeling Trial [VCU-ART] Pilot study).Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 1371-1377
- Effects of interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra on adverse cardiac remodeling and heart failure after acute myocardial infarction [from the Virginia Commonwealth University-Anakinra Remodeling Trial (2) (VCU-ART2) pilot study.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 1394-1400
- Targeting interleukin-1 in heart disease.Circulation. 2013; 128: 1910-1923
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin inhibits caspase-1 and protects from acute myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011; 51: 244-251
- Expanding the clinical indications for α(1)-antitrypsin therapy.Mol Med. 2012; 18: 957-970
- Prognostic importance of creatine kinase and creatine kinase-MB after primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2008; 155: 673-679
- C-reactive protein, infarct size, microvascular obstruction, and left-ventricular remodelling following acute myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 1180-1186
- CDC/AHA Workshop on Markers of Inflammation and Cardiovascular Disease: Application to Clinical and Public Health Practice: clinical use of inflammatory markers in patients with cardiovascular diseases: a background paper.Circulation. 2004; 110: e560-e567
- Pilot trials in clinical research: of what value are they?.Circulation. 2009; 119: 1694-1696
- Use of historical control data for assessing treatment effects in clinical trials.Pharm Stat. 2014; 13: 41-54
- Anakinra, a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, inhibits apoptosis in experimental acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2008; 117: 2670-2683
This study was funded by an American Heart Association, scientist development grant, grant number 10SDG 3030051 to Dr. Abbate. The investigational drug used, Prolastin C, was provided free of charge by Grifols USA L.L.C. (Los Angeles, California), as part of an investigator-initiated study from Dr. Abbate.
The study is registered at the clinical trials registration www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT01936896).
A complete list of all the VCU-Alpha1RT research staff is included in the Online Appendix section.
See page 12 for disclosure information.