- Protecting athletes from sudden cardiac death.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1648-1650
- Trends in sudden cardiovascular death in young competitive athletes after implementation of a preparticipation screening program.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1593-1601
- Screening for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in young athletes.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 364-369
- An electrocardiogram should not be included in routine preparticipation screening of young athletes.Circulation. 2007; 116: 2610-2614
- Recommendations and considerations related to preparticipation screening for cardiovascular abnormalities in competitive athletes: 2007 update: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism: endorsed by the American College of Cardiology Foundation.Circulation. 2007; 115: 1643-1645
- Cost-effectiveness of preparticipation screening for prevention of sudden cardiac death in young athletes.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 276-286
- Cardiovascular screening in college athletes with and without electrocardiography: a cross-sectional study.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 269-275
- Results of screening a large group of intercollegiate competitive athletes for cardiovascular disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1987; 10: 1214-1221
- Feasibility and findings of large-scale electrocardiographic screening in young adults: data from 32,561 subjects.Heart Rhythm. 2011; 8: 1555-1559
- The 5-minute screening echocardiogram for athletes.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008; 21: 786-788
- ACC/AHA/ASE 2003 Guideline Update for the Clinical Application of Echocardiography: summary article. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (ACC/AHA/ASE Committee to Update the 1997 Guidelines for the Clinical Application of Echocardiography).J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2003; 16: 1091-1110
- Regression equations for calculation of z scores of cardiac structures in a large cohort of healthy infants, children, and adolescents: an echocardiographic study.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008; 21: 922-934
- Electrocardiographic interpretation in athletes: the ‘Seattle criteria’.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 122-124
- Relationship between echocardiographic LV mass and ECG based left ventricular voltages in an adolescent population: related or random?.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2014; 37: 1133-1140
- Lessons learned from preparticipation cardiovascular screening in a state funded program.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 902-908
Funding: This study was supported in part by a grant from Simon's Fund.
This study was funded partially by a grant from Simon's Fund , a nonprofit group, with the remainder of the funding from the Heart Institute at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center .
See page 1766 for disclosure information.