Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Outcomes associated with drug-eluting and bare-metal stents: a collaborative network meta-analysis.Lancet. 2007; 370: 937-948
- Short- and long-term outcomes with drug-eluting and bare-metal coronary stents: a mixed-treatment comparison analysis of 117 762 patient-years of follow-up from randomized trials.Circulation. 2012; 125: 2873-2891
- Drug-eluting versus bare-metal stents in large coronary arteries.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2310-2319
- Late thrombosis in drug-eluting coronary stents after discontinuation of antiplatelet therapy.Lancet. 2004; 364: 1519-1521
- Sirolimus-eluting stents versus standard stents in patients with stenosis in a native coronary artery.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1315-1323
- A polymer-based, paclitaxel-eluting stent in patients with coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 221-231
- Randomized trial of Sirolimus-Eluting Stent Versus Bare-Metal Stent in Acute Myocardial Infarction (SESAMI).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 1924-1930
- Sirolimus-eluting versus uncoated stents in acute myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 1093-1104
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). July 2008.HCUP Databases, Rockville2008 (Available at:)Accessed on September, 2014)
- The healthcare cost and utilization project: an overview.Eff Clin Pract. 2002; 5: 143-151
- 2004 HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS) Comparison Report. HCUP Methods Series Report # 2007-03 Online.U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2007
- Coronary revascularization trends in the United States, 2001-2008.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1769-1776
McDonald KM, Romano PS, Geppert J, Davies SM, Duncan BW, Shojania KG, Hansen A. Measures of Patient Safety Based on Hospital Administrative Data - The Patient Safety Indicators 2002.
All Patient Safety Indicators Technical Specifications, Version 4.4. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US).; Available at: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/modules/PSI_TechSpec.aspx. Accessed on September, 2014.
- In-hospital complications associated with catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in the United States between 2000 and 2010: analysis of 93 801 procedures.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2104-2112
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com. Accessed on September, 2014.
- Propensity score-matched analysis of open surgical and endovascular repair for type B aortic dissection.Int J Vasc Med. 2011; 2011: 364046
- Clinical effectiveness of coronary stents in elderly persons: results from 262,700 Medicare patients in the American College of Cardiology-National Cardiovascular Data Registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 1629-1641
- Drug-eluting compared with bare-metal coronary stents among elderly patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 2017-2024
- Safety and efficacy of drug-eluting and bare metal stents: comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies.Circulation. 2009; 119: 3198-3206
- Drug-eluting stents versus bare-metal stents for off-label indications: a propensity score-matched outcome study.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2008; 1: 45-52
- Contemporary mortality risk prediction for percutaneous coronary intervention: results from 588,398 procedures in the National Cardiovascular Data Registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1923-1932
- Insurance type influences the use of drug-eluting stents.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 3: 773-779
- The influence of diabetes mellitus on acute and late clinical outcomes following coronary stent implantation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 32: 584-589
- Outcomes with various drug eluting or bare metal stents in patients with diabetes mellitus: mixed treatment comparison analysis of 22,844 patient years of follow-up from randomised trials.BMJ. 2012; 345: e5170
- Drug eluting and bare metal stents in people with and without diabetes: collaborative network meta-analysis.BMJ. 2008; 337: a1331
- Persistent activation of coagulation mechanism in unstable angina and myocardial infarction.Circulation. 1994; 90: 61-68
- Clinical outcomes with drug-eluting and bare-metal stents in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: evidence from a comprehensive network meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 496-504
- Bare metal stents, durable polymer drug eluting stents, and biodegradable polymer drug eluting stents for coronary artery disease: mixed treatment comparison meta-analysis.BMJ. 2013; 347: f6625
Drs. Badheka, Arora, Panaich, Nileshkumar J. Patel, and Nilay Patel share equal contribution to this manuscript.
No study specific funding was used to support this work. The authors are solely responsible for the study design, conduct and analyses, and drafting and editing of the manuscript and its final contents.
See page 1636 for disclosure information.