- •Normal pediatric RV dimensions were measured and z scores calculated in 576 healthy children and 37 children with hemodynamically relevant ASDs.
- •This is the first study presenting normal ranges of RV systolic and diastolic dimensions in children from infancy to 18 years of age.
- •RV z scores > 2 SDs were predictive for detecting ASD in patients <8 years of age with enlarged right ventricles.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- ESC guidelines for the management of grown-up congenital heart disease (new version 2010).Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 2915-2957
- Diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: proposed modification of the task force criteria.Circulation. 2010; 121: 1533-1541
- Right ventricular remodeling in pulmonary arterial hypertension with three-dimensional echocardiography: comparison with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2010; 11: 64-73
- Assessments of right ventricular volume and function using three-dimensional echocardiography in older children and adults with congenital heart disease: comparison with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009; 22: 1279-1288
- Right ventricular quantification in clinical practice: two-dimensional vs. three-dimensional echocardiography compared with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.Eur J Echocardiogr. 2011; 12: 656-664
- The role of the right ventricle in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Eur Respir Rev. 2011; 20: 243-253
- Guidelines for the echocardiographic assessment of the right heart in adults: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography endorsed by the European Association of Echocardiography, a registered branch of the European Society of Cardiology, and the Canadian Society of Echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 685-713
- Right ventricular normal measurements: time to index?.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2012; 25: 1259-1267
- Recommendations for quantification methods during the performance of a pediatric echocardiogram: a report from the Pediatric Measurements Writing Group of the American Society of Echocardiography Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease Council.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 465-495
- Simplified calculation of body-surface area.N Engl J Med. 1987; 317: 1098
- Left and right ventricular morphology in complex congenital heart disease defined by two dimensional echocardiography.Am J Cardiol. 1982; 49: 93-99
- Right heart assessment by echocardiography: gender and body size matters.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2012; 25: 1251-1258
- The right ventricle in congenital heart disease.Heart. 2006; 92: i27-i38
- Echocardiography for assessment of regional and global right ventricular systolic function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot.Int J Cardiol. 2012; 157: 53-58
- Echocardiography for assessment of right ventricular volumes revisited: a cardiac magnetic resonance comparison study in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010; 23: 905-911
- Echocardiography as a simple initial tool to assess right ventricular dimensions in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot before undergoing pulmonary valve replacement: comparison with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.Echocardiography. 2012; 29: 1239-1246
- Reliability and accuracy of echocardiographic right heart evaluation in the U.S. Melody Valve Investigational Trial.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2012; 25: 383-392
- Prognostic value of echocardiographic changes in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension receiving parenteral prostacyclin therapy.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014; 27: 733-741
- Evaluation of right ventricular and right atrial size in children with atrial septal defect using two-dimensional apex echocardiography.J Clin Ultrasound. 1982; 10: 385-390
- Enlarged right ventricular size at 11 years’ follow-up after closure of secundum-type atrial septal defect in children.Cardiol Young. 2013; 23: 7-13
- Three-dimensional echocardiography: the benefits of the additional dimension.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 2053-2069
See page 1597 for disclosure information.