Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Primary angioplasty versus intravenous thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: a quantitative review of 23 randomised trials.Lancet. 2003; 361: 13-20
- The prognostic importance of smoking status at the time of acute myocardial infarction in 6676 patients. TRACE Study Group.J Cardiovasc Risk. 1999; 6: 23-27
- Effect of smoking status and abciximab use on outcome after percutaneous coronary revascularization: pooled analysis from EPIC, EPILOG, and EPISTENT.Am Heart J. 2001; 141: 599-602
- Effect of smoking status on the long-term outcome after successful percutaneous coronary revascularization.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 755-761
- Routine early angioplasty after fibrinolysis for acute myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 2705-2718
- Prognosis of patients with acute myocardial infarction admitted to a coronary care unit. II. Survival after hospital discharge.Br Heart J. 1977; 39: 1167-1171
- Smoking status at the time of acute myocardial infarction and subsequent prognosis.Am Heart J. 1985; 110: 535-541
- First myocardial infarction in smokers.Eur Heart J. 1991; 12: 753-759
- Significance of smoking in patients receiving thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction. Experience gleaned from the International Tissue Plasminogen Activator/Streptokinase Mortality Trial.Circulation. 1993; 87: 53-58
- Evaluation of paradoxic beneficial effects of smoking in patients receiving thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: mechanism of the “smoker's paradox” from the GUSTO-I trial, with angiographic insights. Global Utilization of Streptokinase and Tissue-Plasminogen Activator for Occluded Coronary Arteries.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 26: 1222-1229
- Smoking and mortality following acute myocardial infarction: results from the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction 2 (NRMI 2).Nicotine Tob Res. 2002; 4: 101-107
- Transfer for urgent percutaneous coronary intervention early after thrombolysis for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: the TRANSFER-AMI pilot feasibility study.Can J Cardiol. 2006; 22: 1121-1126
- Relationship between risk stratification at admission and treatment effects of early invasive management following fibrinolysis: insights from the Trial of Routine ANgioplasty and Stenting After Fibrinolysis to Enhance Reperfusion in Acute Myocardial Infarction (TRANSFER-AMI).Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 1994-2002
- Predictors of hospital mortality in the global registry of acute coronary events.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 2345-2353
- The “smoker's paradox” in patients with acute coronary syndrome: a systematic review.BMC Med. 2011; 9: 97
- Impact of smoking status on outcomes of primary coronary intervention for acute myocardial infarction—the smoker's paradox revisited.Am Heart J. 2005; 150: 358-364
- Comparison of angioplasty with stenting, with or without abciximab, in acute myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 957-966
- Endothelial dysfunction, impaired endogenous fibrinolysis, and cigarette smoking: a mechanism for arterial thrombosis and myocardial infarction.Circulation. 1999; 99: 1411-1415
- Impaired coronary tissue plasminogen activator release is associated with coronary atherosclerosis and cigarette smoking: direct link between endothelial dysfunction and atherothrombosis.Circulation. 2001; 103: 1936-1941
- Clinical characteristics determining the mode of presentation in patients with acute coronary syndromes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 32: 2018-2022
- Effect of cigarette smoking on coronary patency after thrombolytic therapy for myocardial infarction. TEAM-2 Investigators. Second Multicenter Thrombolytic Trials of Eminase in Acute Myocardial Infarction.Am J Cardiol. 1993; 72: 373-378
- Effect of cigarette smoking on outcome after thrombolytic therapy for myocardial infarction.Circulation. 1995; 91: 298-303
- Smokers with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and short time to treatment have equal effects of PCI and fibrinolysis.J Invasive Cardiol. 2012; 24: 401-406
- Effect of smoking on comparative efficacy of antiplatelet agents: systematic review, meta-analysis, and indirect comparison.BMJ. 2013; 347: f5307
- Association between smoking, outcomes, and early clopidogrel use in patients with acute coronary syndrome: insights from the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events.Am Heart J. 2010; 160: 855-861
The TRANSFER-AMI trial was supported by a grant MCT-69798 from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and an unrestricted research grant from Roche , Canada. Coronary stents were provided free of charge by Abbott Vascular Canada. Industrial sponsors had no involvement in study design, data analysis, or writing of this report. Dr. A.T. Yan is supported by a New Investigator Award from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. Dr. Goodman is supported by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario in his role as Heart and Stroke Foundation (Polo) Chair at the University of Toronto.
See page 960 for disclosure information.