Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence, incidence, prognosis, and predisposing conditions for atrial fibrillation: population-based estimates.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 2N-9N
- Incidence of and risk factors for atrial fibrillation in older adults.Circulation. 1997; 96: 2455-2461
- Influence of systolic and diastolic blood pressure on the risk of incident atrial fibrillation in women.Circulation. 2009; 119: 2146-2152
- Independent risk factors for atrial fibrillation in a population-based cohort. The Framingham Heart Study.JAMA. 1994; 271: 840-844
- The natural history of atrial fibrillation: incidence, risk factors, and prognosis in the Manitoba Follow-Up Study.Am J Med. 1995; 98: 476-484
- Pulse pressure and risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation.JAMA. 2007; 297: 709-715
- Relation of arterial stiffness to left ventricular diastolic function and cardiovascular risk prediction in patients > or =65 years of age.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 98: 1387-1392
- Influence of blood pressure on left atrial size. The Framingham Heart Study.Hypertension. 1995; 25: 1155-1160
- Multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis: objectives and design.Am J Epidemiol. 2002; 156: 871-881
- A systematic review of validated methods for identifying atrial fibrillation using administrative data.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2012; 21: 141-147
- Association of blood pressure and aortic distensibility with P wave indices and PR interval: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA).J Electrocardiol. 2013; 46: 359.e1-359.e6
- Simple risk model predicts incidence of atrial fibrillation in a racially and geographically diverse population: the CHARGE-AF consortium.J Am Heart Assoc. 2013; 2: e000102
- Absolute and attributable risks of atrial fibrillation in relation to optimal and borderline risk factors: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study.Circulation. 2011; 123: 1501-1508
- Blood pressure and other determinants of new-onset atrial fibrillation in patients at high cardiovascular risk in the Ongoing Telmisartan Alone and in Combination With Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial/Telmisartan Randomized AssessmeNt Study in ACE iNtolerant subjects with cardiovascular Disease studies.J Hypertens. 2012; 30: 1004-1014
- Association of pulse pressure with new-onset atrial fibrillation in patients with hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy: the Losartan Intervention For Endpoint (LIFE) reduction in hypertension study.Hypertension. 2012; 60: 347-353
- Prognostic value of 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure measurement for the onset of atrial fibrillation in treated patients with essential hypertension.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94: 1566-1569
- Increased pulse pressure independently predicts incident atrial fibrillation in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 2337-2339
This research was supported by contracts N01-HC-95159, N01-HC-95160, N01-HC-95161, N01-HC-95162, N01-HC-95163, N01-HC-95164, N01-HC-95165, N01-HC-95166, N01-HC-95167, N01-HC-95168, and N01-HC-95169 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland and by grants UL1-TR-000040 and UL1-RR-025005 from National Center for Research Resources, Bethesda, Maryland.
See page 591 for disclosure information.