Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- New guidelines for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. National Osteoporosis Foundation.Med Health R. 1999; 8: 110-111
- Once-yearly zoledronic acid for treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1809-1822
- Zoledronic acid and clinical fractures and mortality after hip fracture.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 1799-1809
- The effect of 3 versus 6 years of zoledronic acid treatment of osteoporosis: a randomized extension to the HORIZON-Pivotal Fracture Trial (PFT).J Bone Miner Res. 2012; 27: 243-254
- Alendronate and atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1895-1896
- Yearly zoledronic acid in postmenopausal osteoporosis.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 712-713
- Atrial fibrillation in fracture patients treated with oral bisphosphonates.J Intern Med. 2009; 265: 581-592
- Osteoporosis treatment and atrial fibrillation: alendronate versus raloxifene.Menopause. 2010; 17: 57-63
- Atrial fibrillation and stroke associated with intravenous bisphosphonate therapy in older patients with cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 4898-4905
- Intravenous bisphosphonate therapy and atrial fibrillation/flutter risk in cancer patients: a nationwide cohort study.Br J Cancer. 2011; 105: 881-883
- Risk of serious atrial fibrillation and stroke with use of bisphosphonates: evidence from a meta-analysis.Chest. 2013; 144: 1311-1322
- Bisphosphonate use in women and the risk of atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Cardiol. 2010; 142: 213-217
- Bisphosphonates and atrial fibrillation: systematic review and meta-analysis.Drug Saf. 2009; 32: 219-228
- Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis Of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (MOOSE) group.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2008-2012
- Interaction revisited: the difference between two estimates.BMJ. 2003; 326: 219
Wells GA, Shea B, O'Connell D, Peterson J, Welch V, Losos M, Tugwell P; Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses: case-control studies. Available at: http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp. Accessed on December 2013.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm101551.htm.
- Alendronate affects calcium dynamics in cardiomyocytes in vitro.Vascul Pharmacol. 2009; 51: 350-358
- Calcium-handling abnormalities underlying atrial arrhythmogenesis and contractile dysfunction in dogs with congestive heart failure.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2008; 1: 93-102
- Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates inhibit isopentenyl pyrophosphate isomerase/farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase activity with relative potencies corresponding to their antiresorptive potencies in vitro and in vivo.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999; 255: 491-494
- Human T cell receptor γδ cells recognize endogenous mevalonate metabolites in tumor cells.J Exp Med. 2003; 197: 163-168
- Vγ2Vδ2 T-cell receptor-mediated recognition of aminobisphosphonates.Blood. 2001; 98: 1616-1618
- The bisphosphonate acute phase response: rapid and copious production of proinflammatory cytokines by peripheral blood γδ T cells in response to aminobisphosphonates is inhibited by statins.Clin Exp Immunol. 2005; 139: 101-111
- Interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor alpha levels after bisphosphonates treatment in vitro and in patients with malignancy.Bone. 1996; 18: 133-139
- Inflammation as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2003; 108: 3006-3010
- Atrial fibrillation in the 21st century: a current understanding of risk factors and primary prevention strategies.Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88: 394-409
- Bisphosphonates inhibit prostate and breast carcinoma cell adhesion to unmineralized and mineralized bone extracellular matrices.Cancer Res. 1997; 57: 3890-3894
- A novel non-containing-nitrogen bisphosphonate inhibits both in vitro and in vivo angiogenesis.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003; 310: 816-823
- An amino-bisphosphonate targets MMP-9-expressing macrophages and angiogenesis to impair cervical carcinogenesis.J Clin Invest. 2004; 114: 623-633
- Atrial fibrillation and bisphosphonate therapy.J Bone Miner Res. 2010; 25: 2-10
See page 1820 for disclosure information.