Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dietary rhubarb (Rheum rhaponticum) stalk fibre does not lower plasma cholesterol levels in diabetic rats.Br J Nutr. 2003; 89: 201-206
- Dietary fiber intake and reduced risk of coronary heart disease in US men and women: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey I epidemiologic follow-up study.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 1897-1904
- Dietary fiber and risk of coronary heart disease: a pooled analysis of cohort studies.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 370-376
- C-reactive protein is an essential aspect of cardiovascular risk factor stratification.Can J Cardiol. 2004; 20: 93b-96b
- Evaluation of C-reactive protein, a sensitive marker of inflammation, as a risk factor for stable coronary artery disease.Clin Biochem. 2001; 34: 309-315
- C-reactive protein concentration and risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, and mortality: an individual participant meta-analysis.Lancet. 2010; 375: 132-140
- Dietary fiber is associated with circulating concentrations of C-reactive protein in breast cancer survivors: the HEAL study.Breast Cancer Res Tr. 2011; 129: 485-494
- Dietary fiber and C-reactive protein: findings from National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey data.J Nutr. 2004; 134: 1181-1185
- Fiber's impact on high-sensitivity C-reactive protein levels in cardiovascular disease.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2010; 22: 566-572
National Center for Health Statistics. National Health and Nutrition Examination Study (NHANES) (web site). Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes.htm. Accessed February 8, 2011.
- What we eat in America, NHANES 2007–2008: comparing day 1 and day 2 dietary data.FASEB J. 2011; : 25
- Prediction of lifetime risk for cardiovascular disease by risk factor burden at 50 years of age.Circulation. 2006; 113: 791-798
- An approach to longitudinal studies in a community: the Framingham study.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1963; 107: 539-556
- Lifetime risks of cardiovascular disease.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 321-329
- American Heart Association issues new dietary guidelines.Home Healthc Nurse. 2002; 20: 86-88
- Association of dietary fiber with temporal changes in serum cholesterol in Japanese-Brazilians.J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2006; 52: 205-210
- Dietary fiber does not displace energy but is associated with decreased serum cholesterol concentrations in healthy children.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 651-661
- Invited commentary: dietary fiber, estradiol, and cholesterol.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 173 (discussion 160–161): 157-159
- Dietary fiber and type 2 diabetes.Clin Excell Nurse Pract. 2000; 4: 272-276
- Associations between dietary fiber and inflammation, hepatic function, and risk of type 2 diabetes in older men: potential mechanisms for the benefits of fiber on diabetes risk.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1823-1825
- Dietary fiber and weight regulation.Nutr Rev. 2001; 59: 129-139
- Dietary fiber intake and risk factors for cardiovascular disease in French adults.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 82: 1185-1194
- Dietary fiber, weight gain, and cardiovascular disease risk factors in young adults.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1539-1546
- The metabolic syndrome: time for a critical appraisal: joint statement from the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2289-2304
- Association between dietary fiber and serum C-reactive protein.Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 83: 760-766
See page 291 for disclosure information.