Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Triglycerides and cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2292-2333
- Adiposopathy. Is “sick fat” a cardiovascular disease?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 2461-2473
- Pathogenic potential of adipose tissue and metabolic consequences of adipocyte hypertrophy and increased visceral adiposity.Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2008; 6: 343-368
Bays H. Fish oils in the treatment of dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease. In: Kwiterovich PO, editor. The Johns Hopkins Textbook of Dyslipidemia. 530 Walnut Street Philadelpha PA.
- “Sick fat,” metabolic disease, and atherosclerosis.Am J Med. 2009; 122: S26-S37
- Adiposopathy: why do adiposity and obesity cause metabolic disease?.Future Lipidol. 2006; 1: 389-420
- Treatment options for the management of hypertriglyceridemia: strategies based on the best-available evidence.J Clin Lipidol. 2012; 6: 413-426
- Obesity, adiposity, and dyslipidemia: a consensus statement from the National Lipid Association.J Clin Lipidol. 2013; 7: 304-383
- Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on major coronary events in hypercholesterolaemic patients (JELIS): a randomised open-label, blinded endpoint analysis.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1090-1098
- Eicosapentaenoic acid ethyl ester (AMR101) therapy in patients with very high triglyceride levels (from the Multi-center, plAcebo-controlled, Randomized, double-blINd, 12-week study with an open-label Extension [MARINE] Trial).Am J Cardiol. 2011; 108: 682-690
- Efficacy and safety of eicosapentaenoic acid ethyl ester (AMR101) therapy in statin-treated patients with persistent high triglycerides (from the ANCHOR Study).Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 984-992
- Icosapent ethyl, a pure ethyl ester of eicosapentaenoic acid: effects on circulating markers of inflammation from the MARINE and ANCHOR studies.Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2013; 13: 37-46
A study of AMR101 to evaluate its ability to reduce cardiovascular events in high risk patients with hypertriglyceridemia and on statin (REDUCE-IT). http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01492361. Accessed on 7-25-13.
- Niacin in patients with low HDL cholesterol levels receiving intensive statin therapy.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 2255-2267
- HPS2-THRIVE randomized placebo-controlled trial in 25 673 high-risk patients of ER niacin/laropiprant: trial design, pre-specified muscle and liver outcomes, and reasons for stopping study treatment.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1279-1291
- Long-term effects of intensive glucose lowering on cardiovascular outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 818-828
- The Editor's Roundtable: lipid management beyond statins—reducing residual cardiovascular risk.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 559-567
This article is supported by a grant from Amarin Pharma, Inc. , Mystic, Connecticut.
This discussion took place on July 5, 2013, at the Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas.
See page 1140 for disclosure information.