Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hyperglycemia and acute coronary syndrome: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Diabetes Committee of the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1610-1619
- Glucose levels compared with diabetes history in the risk assessment of patients with acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2009; 157: 763-770
- Prognostic value of admission glycosylated hemoglobin and glucose in nondiabetic patients with ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction treated with percutaneous coronary intervention.Circulation. 2011; 124: 704-711
- Elevated admission glucose is associated with increased long-term mortality in myocardial infarction patients, irrespective of the initially applied reperfusion strategy.Am Heart J. 2010; 160: 412-419
- Effect of blood glucose concentrations on admission in non-diabetic versus diabetic patients with first acute myocardial infarction on short- and long-term mortality (from the MONICA/KORA Augsburg Myocardial Infarction Registry).Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 1607-1612
- Glucometrics in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction: defining the optimal outcomes-based measure of risk.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1018-1027
- Sex-related trends in mortality in hospitalized men and women after myocardial infarction between 1985 and 2008: equal benefit for women and men.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2184-2189
Definition and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and intermediate hyperglycemia: report of a WHO/IDF consultation. 2006. ISBN 978 92 4 159493 6.
- Short- and long-term mortality after myocardial infarction in patients with and without diabetes: changes from 1985 to 2008.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 2043-2047
- Stress hyperglycaemia and increased risk of death after myocardial infarction in patients with and without diabetes: a systematic overview.Lancet. 2000; 355: 773-778
- Major impact of admission glycaemia on 30 day and one year mortality in non-diabetic patients admitted for myocardial infarction: results from the nationwide French USIC 2000 study.Heart. 2006; 92: 910-915
- Changes in clinical profile, treatment, and mortality in patients hospitalised for acute myocardial infarction between 1985 and 2008.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e26917
- The Hyperglycemia: Intensive Insulin Infusion in Infarction (HI-5) study: a randomized controlled trial of insulin infusion therapy for myocardial infarction.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 765-770
- Intense metabolic control by means of insulin in patients with diabetes mellitus and acute myocardial infarction (DIGAMI 2): effects on mortality and morbidity.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 650-661
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium infusion on mortality in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: the CREATE-ECLA randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2005; 293: 437-446
- Out-of-hospital administration of intravenous glucose-insulin-potassium in patients with suspected acute coronary syndromes: the IMMEDIATE randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1925-1933
- Glucose-lowering targets for patients with cardiovascular disease: focus on inpatient management of patients with acute coronary syndromes.Circulation. 2010; 122: 2736-2744
- Physical inactivity and obesity underlie the insulin resistance of aging.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1547-1549
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
See page 1310 for disclosure information.