Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lifetime risk for developing congestive heart failure: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3068-3072
- Hospitalized heart failure: rates and long-term mortality.J Card Fail. 2004; 10: 374-379
- Incidence and hospital death rates associated with heart failure: a community-wide perspective.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 728-734
- Trends in mortality attributed to heart failure in Worcester, Massachusetts, 1992 to 2001.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95: 1324-1328
- Relation of vitamin D deficiency to cardiovascular risk factors, disease status, and incident events in a general healthcare population.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 106: 963-968
- Vitamin D insufficiency in congestive heart failure: why and what to do about it?.Heart Fail Rev. 2006; 11: 25-33
- Vitamin D deficiency in patients with congestive heart failure: mechanisms, manifestations, and management.South Med J. 2011; 104: 325-330
- Low vitamin D status: a contributing factor in the pathogenesis of congestive heart failure?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 105-112
- Vitamin D in chronic heart failure.Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2011; 8: 123-130
- The effects of vitamin D supplementation on physical function and quality of life in older patients with heart failure: a randomized controlled trial.Circ Heart Fail. 2010; 3: 195-201
- Vitamin D deficiency is a predictor of reduced survival in patients with heart failure; vitamin D supplementation improves outcome.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 357-366
- Vitamin D supplementation improves cytokine profiles in patients with congestive heart failure: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 83: 754-759
- The multifunctional properties and characteristics of vitamin D-binding protein.Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2000; 11: 320-327
- Role of vitamin D deficiency in cardiovascular disease.Heart. 2012; 98: 609-614
- A structural basis for the unique binding features of the human vitamin D-binding protein.Nat Struct Biol. 2002; 9: 131-136
- The role of vitamin D in cardiovascular disease: from present evidence to future perspectives.Atherosclerosis. 2012; 225: 253-263
- Vitamin D: metabolism.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2010; 39: 243-253
- Final report on the aspirin component of the ongoing Physicians' Health Study.N Engl J Med. 1989; 321: 129-135
- Survival after the onset of congestive heart failure in Framingham Heart Study subjects.Circulation. 1993; 88: 107-115
- Alcohol consumption and risk of heart failure in the Physicians' Health Study I.Circulation. 2007; 115: 34-39
- Association of vitamin D deficiency with heart failure and sudden cardiac death in a large cross-sectional study of patients referred for coronary angiography.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 3927-3935
- Relation between modifiable lifestyle factors and lifetime risk of heart failure.JAMA. 2009; 302: 394-400
This ancillary study was funded by grants R01HL092946 and HL092946S1 (to Dr. Djoussé) from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the Office of Dietary Supplements (Bethesda, Maryland). The Physicians' Health Study was supported by grants CA-34944 , CA-40360 , and CA-097193 from the National Cancer Institute (Bethesda, Maryland) and grants HL-26490 and HL-34595 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (Bethesda, Maryland).
See page 829 for disclosure information.