Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The impact of obesity on the left ventricle: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010; 3: 266-274
- Relation of obesity and gender to left ventricular hypertrophy in normotensive and hypertensive adults.Hypertension. 1994; 23: 600-606
- Adiposity of the heart, revisited.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 517-524
- Ectopic fat storage in heart, blood vessels and kidneys in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004; 28: S58-S65
- Adipose tissue, adipokines, and inflammation.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005; 115: 911-919
- Leptin: obesity, diabetes and other peripheral effects—a review.Pediatr Diabetes. 2003; 4: 101-109
- Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis: objectives and design.Am J Epidemiol. 2002; 156: 871-881
- Cardiovascular function in Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis: normal values by age, sex, and ethnicity.Am J Roentgenol. 2006; 186: S357-S365
- The relationship of left ventricular mass and geometry to incident cardiovascular events: the MESA (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis) study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 2148-2155
- Traditional cardiovascular risk factors in relation to left ventricular mass, volume, and systolic function by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: the Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 2285-2292
- The association of pericardial fat with incident coronary heart disease: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 90: 499-504
- Body size adjustments for left ventricular mass by cardiovascular magnetic resonance and their impact on left ventricular hypertrophy classification.Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2010; 26: 459-468
- CNS leptin and insulin action in the control of energy homeostasis.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010; 1212: 97-113
- Leptin increases FA oxidation in lean but not obese human skeletal muscle: evidence of peripheral leptin resistance.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 283: E187-E192
- Disruption of leptin signaling contributes to cardiac hypertrophy independently of body weight in mice.Circulation. 2003; 108: 754-759
- Hyperleptinemia prevents lipotoxic cardiomyopathy in acyl CoA synthase transgenic mice.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004; 101: 13624-13629
- Decreased p110alpha catalytic activity accompanies increased myocyte apoptosis and cardiac hypertrophy in leptin deficient ob/ob mice.Cell Cycle. 2008; 7: 560-565
- Circulating leptin correlates with left ventricular mass in morbid (grade III) obesity before and after weight loss induced by bariatric surgery: a potential role for leptin in mediating human left ventricular hypertrophy.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005; 90: 4087-4093
- Recombinant leptin for weight loss in obese and lean adults: a randomized, controlled, dose-escalation trial.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1568-1575
- Endocrine regulation of energy metabolism: review of pathobiochemical and clinical chemical aspects of leptin, ghrelin, adiponectin, and resistin.Clin Chem. 2004; 50: 1511-1525
- Selective resistance to central neural administration of leptin in agouti obese mice.Hypertension. 2002; 39: 486-490
- Plasma leptin level is associated with myocardial wall thickness in hypertensive insulin-resistant men.Hypertension. 1999; 34: 1047-1052
- Leptin signaling and obesity: cardiovascular consequences.Circ Res. 2007; 101: 545-559
- The association between leptin and left ventricular hypertrophy: a population-based cross-sectional study.J Hypertens. 2003; 21: 1467-1473
- Left ventricle relative wall thickness and plasma leptin levels: baseline relationships and effects of 4 months of walking training in healthy overweight postmenopausal women.Menopause. 2011; 18: 77-84
- Relation of serum leptin with cardiac mass and left atrial dimension in individuals >70 years of age.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 602-605
This research was supported by a grant R01-HL-088451 and contracts N01-HC-95159 through N01-HC-95165 and N01-HC-95169 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland .
See page 730 for disclosure information.