Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Plasma aldosterone levels are elevated in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension in the absence of left ventricular heart failure: a pilot study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2013; 15: 277-283
- Dysregulated renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system contributes to pulmonary arterial hypertension.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 186: 780-790
- [Activity of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) and vasopressin level in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension].Ter Arkh. 1998; 70: 33-36
- Role of vasopressin and aldosterone in pulmonary arterial hypertension: a pilot study.Contemp Clin Trials. 2009; 30: 392-399
- A pilot study of the effect of spironolactone therapy on exercise capacity and endothelial dysfunction in pulmonary arterial hypertension: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials. 2013; (Epub ahead of print)
- Aldosterone inactivates the endothelin-B receptor via a cysteinyl thiol redox switch to decrease pulmonary endothelial nitric oxide levels and modulate pulmonary arterial hypertension.Circulation. 2012; 126: 963-974
- Results of the Ambrisentan in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Efficacy Studies (ARIES) Study 1 and 2.Circulation. 2008; 117: 3010-3019
- Frequency of edema in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension receiving ambrisentan.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 1373-1377
- Ambrisentan therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 529-535
- GRK2-mediated inhibition of adrenergic and dopaminergic signaling in right ventricular hypertrophy: therapeutic implications in pulmonary hypertension.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2859-2869
- Activity of the estrogen-metabolizing enzyme cytochrome P450 1B1 influences the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension.Circulation. 2012; 126: 1087-1098
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism attenuates experimental pulmonary hypertension.Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013; (Mar 1: Epub ahead of print)
- Is captopril effective in primary pulmonary hypertension?.Circ J. 1982; 46: 1095-1097
- Bosentan therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension.N Eng J Med. 2002; 346: 896-903
- ACCF/AHA 2009 expert consensus document on pulmonary hypertension: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Expert Consensus Documents and the American Heart Association.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 1573-1619
- Usefulness of beta-blocker therapy and outcomes in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 1504-1509
- Intravenous epoprostenol in inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2007; 26: 357-362
- Effectiveness and safety of inhaled treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension in children.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 1704-1709
- Intensive immunosuppressive therapy improves pulmonary hemodynamics and long-term prognosis in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with connective tissue disorder.Circ J. 2011; 75: 2668-2674
- Rates of hyperkalemia after publication of the Randomized Aldactone Evaluation Study.N Eng J Med. 2004; 351: 543-551
- Aldosterone receptor antagonists: effective but often forgotten.Circulation. 2010; 121: 934-939
This work was supported by grants HL105301 to Dr. Leopold; HL61795 , HL48743 , HL107192 , HL070819 , and HL108630 to Dr. Loscalzo; 1K08HL111207-01A1 to Dr. Maron from the US National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, Maryland) and the Lerner Foundation (Boston, Massachusetts) at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Dr. Maron) and grant 11POST6720000 to Dr. Maron from the American Heart Association (Dallas, Texas).
See page 725 for disclosure information.