Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence and clinical outcome of mitral-valve prolapse.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1-7
- Echocardiographic prediction of survival after surgical correction of organic mitral regurgitation.Circulation. 1994; 90: 830-837
- Outcomes in mitral regurgitation due to flail leaflets a multicenter European study.JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. 2008; 1: 133-141
- Echocardiographic prediction of left ventricular function after correction of mitral regurgitation: results and clinical implications.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1994; 24: 1536-1543
- Echocardiographic prediction of left ventricular dysfunction after mitral valve repair for mitral regurgitation as an indicator to decide the optimal timing of repair.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 458-463
- Recovery of left ventricular function after surgical correction of mitral regurgitation caused by leaflet prolapse.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009; 137: 1071-1076
- Survival implication of left ventricular end-systolic diameter in mitral regurgitation due to flail leaflets a long-term follow-up multicenter study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 1961-1968
- Recommendations for quantitation of the left ventricle by two-dimensional echocardiography. American Society of Echocardiography Committee on Standards, Subcommittee on Quantitation of Two-Dimensional Echocardiograms.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1989; 2: 358-367
- Serial changes in left ventricular shape following early mitral valve repair.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 106: 836-842
- Problems in Mitral Valve Replacement.in: Advances in Cardiovascular Surgery. Grune & Stratton, New York1973: 205-216
- Experimental mitral regurgitation: effects on left ventricular function before and after elimination of chronic regurgitation in the dog.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1975; 70: 478-488
- Experimental mitral regurgitation. Physiological effects of correction on left ventricular dynamics.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1983; 86: 479-489
- Determinants of survival and left ventricular performance after mitral valve replacement. Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study on Valvular Heart Disease.Circulation. 1990; 81: 1173-1181
- Prediction of outcome after valve replacement for rheumatic mitral regurgitation in the era of chordal preservation.Circulation. 1994; 89: 191-197
- Congestive heart failure after surgical correction of mitral regurgitation. A long-term study.Circulation. 1995; 92: 2496-2503
- Echocardiographic markers for mitral valve surgery to preserve left ventricular performance in mitral regurgitation.Am Heart J. 2000; 140: 476-482
- Superiority of mitral valve repair in surgery for degenerative mitral regurgitation.Eur Heart J. 1997; 18: 655-663
- Mitral valve replacement for mitral regurgitation with and without preservation of chordae tendineae.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1984; 88: 718-725
- Mitral valve repair: current techniques and indications.in: Franco K.L. Verrier E.D. Advanced Therapy in Cardiac Surgery. B. C. Decker Incorporated, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada1999: 220-231
- Randomized trial comparing partial versus complete chordal-sparing mitral valve replacement: effects on left ventricular volume and function.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002; 123: 707-714
- Late incidence and determinants of reoperation in patients with prosthetic heart valves.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2004; 25: 364-370
Drs. Mario Sénéchal and Jimmy MacHaalany are both the primary co-authors of this manuscript.
Dr Sénéchal is a recipient of a grant from the Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Québec foundation , Quebec, Quebec, Canada.
See page 572 for disclosure information.