Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Coronary artery surgery study (CASS): a randomized trial of coronary artery bypass surgery. Survival data.Circulation. 1983; 68: 939-950
- Eleven-year survival in the Veterans Administration randomized trial of coronary bypass surgery for stable angina.N Engl J Med. 1984; 311: 1333-1339
- Temporal trends in the use of percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass surgery in New York State and Ontario.Circulation. 2010; 121: 2635-2644
- Coronary revascularization trends in the United States, 2001-2008.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1769-1776
- Sirolimus-eluting stents versus standard stents in patients with stenosis in a native coronary artery.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1315-1323
- Analysis of 1-year clinical outcomes in the SIRIUS trial: a randomized trial of a sirolimus-eluting stent versus a standard stent in patients a high risk for coronary restenosis.Circulation. 2004; 109: 634-640
- 2011 ACCF/AHA guideline for coronary artery bypass graft surgery: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012; 143: 4-34
California Cardiac Surgery and Intervention Project. A comprehensive report on California hospitals performing heart surgery and percutaneous intervention. Available at: http://www.californiacardiacsurgery.com/CCSIP2011/resources.html#strategy. Accessed on December 18, 2012.
Romano P, Marcin J, Mahendra G, Li Z. The impact of mandatory public reporting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) case selection and outcomes in California. Available at: http://oshpd.ca.gov/HID/Products/Clinical_Data/CABG/2007/CCORP_Impact.pdf. Accessed on December 20, 2012.
- The PASEO (PaxlitAxel or Sirolimus-Eluting stent versus bare metal stent in primary angiOplasty) randomized trial.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2009; 2: 515-523
- Maintenance of long-term clinical benefit with sirolimus-eluting stents in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction 3-year results of the SESAMI (sirolimus-eluting stent versus bare-metal stent in acute myocardial infarction) trial.JACC. 2010; 55: 810-814
- Late thrombosis of drug-eluting stents: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Amer J Med. 2006; 119: 1056-1061
- Clopidrogrel use and long-term clinical outcomes after drug-eluting stent implantation.JAMA. 2007; 297: 159-168
- Differential 1-year clinical outcomes for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction related to stent thrombosis of saphenous vein graft thrombosis.Cath Cardiovasc Interv. 2011 July 29; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Stent thrombosis in randomized clinical trials of drug eluting stents.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1020-1029
- Drug-eluting stents vs. coronary artery bypass grafting in multivessel coronary disease.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 331-341
- Long-term outcomes of coronary-artery bypass grafting versus stent implantation.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 2174-2183
- Percutaneous coronary intervention versus coronary-artery bypass grafting for severe coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 961-972
- Outcomes in patients with de novo left main disease treated with either percutaneous coronary intervention using paclitaxel-eluting stents or coronary artery bypass graft treatment in the Synergy Between Percutaneous Coronary Intervention with TAXUS and Cardiac Surgery (SYNTAX) trial.Circulation. 2010; 121: 2645-2653
- Drug eluting stents versus coronary artery bypass grafting for the treatment of coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis of randomized and nonrandomized studies.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011; 141: 1134-1144
- Coronary artery bypass surgery provides long-term results superior to percutaneous coronary intervention.Heart Lung Circ. 2012; 21: 1-11
- Comparison of coronary artery bypass surgery with drug-eluting stenting for the treatment of left main and/or three-vessel disease: 3-year followup of the SYNTAX trial.Europ Heart J. 2011; 32: 2125-2134
- Comparative effectiveness of revascularization strategies.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1467-1476
Available at:http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/cardiovascular/. Accessed on December 20, 2012.
Available at:http://www.massdac.org/reports/pci.html. Accessed on December 20, 2012.
Available at:http://www.californiacardiacsurgery.com/CCSIP2011/procedures.html#cabg. Accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Myocardial revascularization in New York State: variations in the PCI-to-CABG ratio and their implications.J Am Heart Assoc. 2012; 1: e001446
This work was supported in part by a grant from the Unihealth Foundation , Los Angeles, California.
See page 486 for disclosure information.