Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Cardiology
- Underestimation of risk associations due to regression dilution in long-term follow-up of prospective studies.Am J Epidemiol. 1999; 150: 341-353
- Blood pressure, stroke, and coronary heart disease. Part 1, prolonged differences in blood pressure: prospective observational studies corrected for the regression dilution bias.Lancet. 1990; 335: 765-774
- Month-to-month variability of lipids, lipoproteins, and apolipoproteins and the impact of acute infection in adolescents.J Pediatr. 1998; 133: 242-246
- Monitoring cholesterol levels: measurement error or true change?.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 656-661
- Effects of antihypertensive-drug class on interindividual variation in blood pressure and risk of stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2010; 375: 906-915
- The relationship between visit-to-visit variability in systolic blood pressure and all-cause mortality in the general population: findings from NHANES III, 1988 to 1994.Hypertension. 2011; 57: 160-166
- The assessment of refill compliance using pharmacy records: methods, validity, and applications.J Clin Epidemiol. 1997; 50: 105-116
- Adherence to medication.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 487-497
- Predictors of nonadherence to statins: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Pharmacother. 2010; 44: 1410-1421
- Toward a standard definition and measurement of persistence with drug therapy: examples from research on statin and antihypertensive utilization.Clin Ther. 2006; 28: 1411-1424
- How common are electronic health records in the United States? A summary of the evidence.Health Aff (Millwood). 2006; 25: w496-w507
- Sociodemographic and clinical characteristics are not clinically useful predictors of refill adherence in patients with hypertension.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2009; 2: 451-457
- Predictors of adherence to statins for primary prevention.Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2007; 21: 311-316
- Suboptimal statin adherence and discontinuation in primary and secondary prevention populations: should we target patients with the most to gain?.J Gen Intern Med. 2004; 19: 638-645
- Resistant disease or resistant patient: problems with adherence to cardiovascular medications in the elderly?.Geriatrics. 2009; 4: 10-15
- Effect of a pharmacy care program on medication adherence and persistence, blood pressure, and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2006; 296: 2563-2571
- Socioeconomic status and trends in disparities in 4 major risk factors for cardiovascular disease among US adults, 1971–2002.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 2348-2355
This work was supported by grant RC2HL101628-01 (to N. R. Kressin and W. G. Adams, primary investigators). Dr. Kressin was also supported by Research Career Scientist award RCS 02-066-1 from the Health Services Research and Development Service, Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC). The present study was also supported by Patient-Oriented Mentored Scientist Award K23DK081665 through the National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases (Bethesda, Maryland) (to D. M. Mann) and grant UL1-TR000157 from the Boston University's Clinical and Translational Institute (Boston, Massachusetts).
Dr. Mann had full access to all the data in the present study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and accuracy of the data analysis. The funders had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; or preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript.
See page 1442 for disclosure information.