Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Cardiology
- Regulation of the inflammatory response in cardiac repair.Circ Res. 2012; 110: 159-173
- The inflammasome promotes adverse cardiac remodeling following acute myocardial infarction in the mouse.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011; 108: 19725-19730
- Interleukin-1 in the pathogenesis and treatment of inflammatory diseases.Blood. 2011; 117: 3720-3732
- Treating inflammation by blocking interleukin-1 in a broad spectrum of diseases.Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2012; 11: 633-652
- Blocking interleukin-1 as a novel therapeutic strategy for secondary prevention of cardiovascular events.BioDrugs. 2012; 26: 217-233
- Anakinra, a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, inhibits apoptosis in experimental acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2008; 117: 2670-2683
- Interleukin-1 trap attenuates cardiac remodeling after experimental acute myocardial infarction in mice.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010; 55: 117-122
- Interleukin-1beta modulation using a genetically engineered antibody prevents adverse cardiac remodelling following acute myocardial infarction in the mouse.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 319-322
- Interleukin-1 blockade with anakinra to prevent adverse cardiac remodeling after acute myocardial infarction (Virginia Commonwealth University Anakinra Remodeling Trial [VCU-ART] pilot study).Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 1371-1377
- Contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in the assessment of myocardial infarction and viability.J Nucl Cardiol. 2008; 15: 105-117
- C-reactive protein, infarct size, microvascular obstruction, and left-ventricular remodelling following acute myocardial infarction.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 1180-1186
- Prognostic significance of blood markers of inflammation in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary angioplasty and effects of pexelizumab, a C5 inhibitor: a substudy of the COMMA trial.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 1964-1970
- TIMI risk score for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a convenient bedside, clinical score for risk assessment at presentation.Circulation. 2000; 102: 2031-2037
- Markers of inflammation and cardiovascular disease: application to clinical and public health practice: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2003; 107: 499-511
- Elevated levels of C-reactive protein at discharge in patients with unstable angina predict recurrent instability.Circulation. 1999; 99: 855-860
- Effects of carvedilol on outcome after myocardial infarction in patients with left-ventricular dysfunction: the CAPRICORN randomized trial.Lancet. 2001; 357: 1385-1390
- Effects of carvedilol on left ventricular remodeling after acute myocardial infarction: the CAPRICORN Echo Substudy.Circulation. 2004; 109: 201-206
- Eplerenone, a selective aldosterone blocker, in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 1309-1321
- Left ventricular remodeling after acute myocardial infarction: does eplerenone have an effect?.Am Heart J. 2009; 157: 1088-1096
- Anakinra: review of recombinant human interleukin-I receptor antagonist in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.Clin Ther. 2004; 26: 1960-1975
This study was funded by Scientist Development grant 10SDG 3030051 from the American Heart Association (Dallas, Texas), a Presidential Research Incentive Program of the Virginia Commonwealth University to Dr. Abbate, and by the internal funds of the VCU Pauley Heart Center and Victoria Johnson Research Laboratories; Dr. Van Tassell was supported by institutional K12 award KL2RR031989 from the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, Maryland); and Dr. Dinarello was supported by grant AI-15614 from the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, Maryland).
A complete list of the investigators can found in the On-Line Appendix.
See page 1400 for disclosure information.