Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atherosclerosis—an inflammatory disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 115-126
- The natural history of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS): a prospective study.JAMA. 1995; 273: 117-123
- Effect of revascularization on mortality associated with an elevated white blood cell count in acute coronary syndromes.Am J Cardiol. 2003; 92: 136-140
- Elevated leukocyte count and adverse hospital events in patients with acute coronary syndromes: findings from the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE).Am Heart J. 2004; 147: 42-48
- White blood cell count and long term mortality after non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome treated with very early revascularisation.Heart. 2003; 89: 389-392
- Relationship between baseline white blood cell count and degree of coronary artery disease and mortality in patients with acute coronary syndromes: a TACTICS-TIMI 18 (Treat Angina with Aggrastat and determine Cost of Therapy with an Invasive or Conservative Strategy–Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 18 trial) substudy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 1761-1768
- Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage strategY (ACUITY) trial: study design and rationale.Am Heart J. 2004; 148: 764-775
- Clinical end points in coronary stent trials: a case for standardized definitions.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2344-2351
- Early stent thrombosis in patients with acute coronary syndromes treated with drug-eluting and bare metal stents: the Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy trial.Circulation. 2009; 119: 687-698
- Neutrophil count on admission predicts major in-hospital events in patients with a non–ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome.Clin Cardiol. 2009; 32: 561-568
- Significance of white blood cell count and its subtypes in patients with acute coronary syndrome.Eur J Clin Invest. 2009; 39: 348-358
- Total leukocyte count, but not C-reactive protein, predicts 1-year mortality in patients with acute coronary syndromes treated with percutaneous coronary intervention.Clin Sci (Lond). 2009; 116: 651-658
- Impact of leukocyte count on mortality and bleeding in patients with myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary interventions: analysis from the Harmonizing Outcome with Revascularization and Stent in Acute Myocardial Infarction trial.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2829-2837
- The association between white blood cell count and acute myocardial infarction in-hospital mortality: findings from the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction.Acad Emerg Med. 2004; 11: 1049-1060
- Predictors of bleeding and time dependence of association of bleeding with mortality: insights from the Trial to Assess Improvement in Therapeutic Outcomes by Optimizing Platelet Inhibition With Prasugrel–Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction 38 (TRITON-TIMI 38).Circulation. 2011; 123: 2681-2689
- Impact of in-hospital major bleeding on late clinical outcomes after primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction the HORIZONS-AMI (Harmonizing Outcomes With Revascularization and Stents in Acute Myocardial Infarction) trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 1750-1756
- Leukocytosis and ischemic vascular disease morbidity and mortality: is it time to intervene?.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 658-670
- Monocyte-derived tissue factor contributes to stent thrombosis in an in vitro system.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 44: 1570-1577
- Effects of abciximab on the acute pathology of blood vessels after arterial stenting in nonhuman primates.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 360-366
- Neutrophil enhancement of fibrin deposition under flow through platelet-dependent and -independent mechanisms.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001; 21: 2093-2098
- Leukocyte activation with platelet adhesion after coronary angioplasty: a mechanism for recurrent disease?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996; 28: 345-353
- Increased expression of neutrophil and monocyte adhesion molecules LFA-1 and Mac-1 and their ligand ICAM-1 and VLA-4 throughout the acute phase of myocardial infarction: possible implications for leukocyte aggregation and microvascular plugging.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998; 31: 120-125
- New concepts in reactive oxygen species and cardiovascular reperfusion physiology.Cardiovasc Res. 2004; 61: 461-470
- Association between myeloperoxidase levels and risk of coronary artery disease.JAMA. 2001; 286: 2136-2142
- Immune and neurohormonal pathways in chronic heart failure.Congest Heart Fail. 2002; 8: 23-28
- Association between admission neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio and outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndrome.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 653-657
The ACUITY trial was funded by The Medicines Company, (Parsippany, New Jersey), and Nycomed (Roskilde, Denmark).
See page 1244 for disclosure information.