Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Independent risk factors for atrial fibrillation in a population-based cohort: the Framingham Heart Study.JAMA. 1994; 271: 840-844
- Incidence of atrial fibrillation in whites and African-Americans: the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) study.Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 111-117
- Prevalence, pathogenesis, and impact of atrial fibrillation.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010; 67: S11-S16
- Obesity and the risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2471-2477
- Chronic kidney disease is associated with the incidence of atrial fibrillation: the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) study.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2946-2953
- Relation between serum phosphate level and cardiovascular event rate in people with coronary disease.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2627-2633
- Cardiac calcification in adult hemodialysis patients: a link between end-stage renal disease and cardiovascular disease?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39: 695-701
- Coronary-artery calcification in young adults with end-stage renal disease who are undergoing dialysis.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 1478-1483
- Serum phosphorus levels associate with coronary atherosclerosis in young adults.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 20: 397-404
- Serum phosphorus concentrations and arterial stiffness among individuals with normal kidney function to moderate kidney disease in MESA.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009; 4: 609-615
- Relations of serum phosphorus levels to echocardiographic left ventricular mass and incidence of heart failure in the community.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 812-818
- Association of serum phosphorus with left ventricular mass in men and women with stable cardiovascular disease: data from the Heart and Soul Study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2010; 56: 496-505
- Phosphorus levels are associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in the general population.Atherosclerosis. 2008; 199: 424-431
- Association of serum phosphorus and calcium x phosphate product with mortality risk in chronic hemodialysis patients: a national study.Am J Kidney Dis. 1998; 31: 607-617
- Association of elevated serum PO(4), Ca × PO(4) product, and parathyroid hormone with cardiac mortality risk in chronic hemodialysis patients.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2001; 12: 2131-2138
- Serum phosphate levels and mortality risk among people with chronic kidney disease.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005; 16: 520-528
- Relations of serum phosphorus and calcium levels to the incidence of cardiovascular disease in the community.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 879-885
- Calcium-phosphate levels and cardiovascular disease in community-dwelling adults: the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) study.Am Heart J. 2008; 156: 556-563
- The ARIC Investigators. The Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) study: design and objectives.Am J Epidemiol. 1989; 129: 687-702
- Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) Study: Operations Manual No. 10. Clinical Chemistry Determinations.National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda1987 (pp 1–76)
- Physiologic regulation of the serum concentration of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D by phosphorus in normal men.J Clin Invest. 1989; 83: 1494-1499
- Active serum vitamin D levels are inversely correlated with coronary calcification.Circulation. 1997; 96: 1755-1760
- Low vitamin D status: a contributing factor in the pathogenesis of congestive heart failure?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 105-112
- Elevation of parathyroid hormone levels in atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 57: 2542-2543
- The phosphaton in fibroblast growth factor 23 links calcium-phosphate metabolism with left-ventricular dysfunction and atrial fibrillation.Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 2688-2696
The Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities Study was performed as a collaborative study supported by contracts HHSN268201100005C, HHSN268201100006C, HHSN268201100007C, HHSN268201100008C, HHSN268201100009C, HHSN268201100010C, HHSN268201100011C, and HHSN268201100012C from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (Bethesda, Maryland). This study was additionally supported by grant RC1-HL099452 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (Bethesda, Maryland) and grant 09SDG2280087 from the American Heart Association (Dallas, Texas).
See page 862 for disclosure information.