Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Multimarker approach to risk stratification in non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes: simultaneous assessment of troponin I, C-reactive protein, and B-type natriuretic peptide.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1760-1763
- The prognostic value of B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1014-1021
- Prognostic value of myeloperoxidase in patients with chest pain.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 1595-1604
- C-reactive protein and other markers of inflammation in the prediction of cardiovascular disease in women.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 836-843
- Future of biomarkers in acute coronary syndromes: moving toward a multimarker strategy.Circulation. 2003; 108: 250-252
- Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Standards of medical care in diabetes—2012.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: S11-S63
- Plasma myeloperoxidase predicts incident cardiovascular risks in stable patients undergoing medical management for coronary artery disease.Clin Chem. 2011; 57: 33-39
- Rosuvastatin to prevent vascular events in men and women with elevated C-reactive protein.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 2195-2207
- Measurement of C-reactive protein for the targeting of statin therapy in the primary prevention of acute coronary events.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1959-1965
- Comparison of C-reactive protein and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the prediction of first cardiovascular events.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1557-1565
- Usefulness of C-reactive protein and left ventricular diastolic performance for prognosis in patients with left ventricular systolic heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 101: 370-373
- C-reactive protein is a bystander of cardiovascular disease.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 2092-2096
- Genetic loci associated with C-reactive protein levels and risk of coronary heart disease.JAMA. 2009; 302: 37-48
- Formation of nitric oxide-derived oxidants by myeloperoxidase in monocytes: pathways for monocyte-mediated protein nitration and lipid peroxidation In vivo.Circ Res. 1999; 85: 950-958
- Leukocytes utilize myeloperoxidase-generated nitrating intermediates as physiological catalysts for the generation of biologically active oxidized lipids and sterols in serum.Biochemistry. 1999; 38: 16904-16915
- Serum myeloperoxidase levels independently predict endothelial dysfunction in humans.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1134-1139
- Myeloperoxidase and cardiovascular disease.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 1102-1111
- Myeloperoxidase, modified lipoproteins, and atherogenesis.J Lipid Res. 2009; 50: S346-S351
- Integrating plasma high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and myeloperoxidase for risk prediction in chronic systolic heart failure.Congest Heart Fail. 2011; 17: 105-109
- Risk prediction with serial myeloperoxidase monitoring in patients with acute chest pain.Clin Chem. 2011; 57: 1762-1770
- Use of myeloperoxidase for risk stratification in acute heart failure.Clin Chem. 2010; 56: 944-951
- Increased expression and plasma levels of myeloperoxidase are closely related to the presence of angiographically-detected complex lesion morphology in unstable angina.Heart. 2010; 96: 1716-1722
- B-type natriuretic peptide: a critical review.Congest Heart Fail. 2007; 13: 48-52
- Admission B-type natriuretic peptide levels and in-hospital mortality in acute decompensated heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 1943-1950
- Prediabetes: a high-risk state for diabetes development.Lancet. 2012; 379: 2279-2290
This research was supported in part by Grants P01HL087018-020001, P01HL076491-055328, 1R01HL103866, and 1RO1HL103931 from the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland; Grant 1UL1RR024989 from the Cleveland Clinic Clinical Research Unit of the Case Western Reserve University CTSA, Cleveland, Ohio; and the LeDucq Foundation, Paris, France. Dr. Hazen is also supported in part by a gift from the Leonard Kreiger Fund, Cleveland, Ohio. Supplies and partial funding for performance of fasting lipid profiles, glucose, creatinine, apolipoprotein A1, apolipoprotein B, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, myeloperoxidase, and B-type natriuretic peptide used in this study were provided by Abbott Laboratories, Inc., Abbott Park, Illinois.
See page 469 for disclosure information.