Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Comparative pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of oral direct thrombin and factor Xa inhibitors in development.Clin Pharmacokinet. 2009; 48: 1-22
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6: e1000100
- Stroke prevention using the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: pooled analysis from the SPORTIF III and V studies.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2006; 21: 279-293
- Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the National Registry of Atrial Fibrillation.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2864-2870
Higgins JPT, Altman DG, Sterne JAC, eds. Assessing risk of bias in included studies. In: Higgins JPT, Green S, eds. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions, Version 5.1.0 (updated March 2011). Available at: http://www.cochrane-handbook.org.
- Newly identified events in the RE-LY trial.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1875-1876
- Rationale and design of RE-LY: randomized evaluation of long-term anticoagulant therapy, warfarin, compared with dabigatran.Am Heart J. 2009; 157: 805-810
- Challenges of establishing new antithrombotic therapies in atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2007; 116: 449-455
- Effect of study setting on anticoagulation control: a systematic review and metaregression.Chest. 2006; 129: 1155-1166
- FDA approves Pradaxa to prevent stroke in people with atrial fibrillation.Accessed November 30, 2011)
- FDA approves Xarelto to prevent stroke in people with common type of abnormal heart rhythm.Accessed November 30, 2011)
- Pharmacology and management of the vitamin K antagonists: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (8th edition).Chest. 2008; 133: 160S-198S
- Bleeding complications with warfarin use: a prevalent adverse effect resulting in regulatory action.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1414-1419
- Randomised, parallel-group, multicentre, multinational phase 2 study comparing edoxaban, an oral factor Xa inhibitor, with warfarin for stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillation.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 104: 633-641
- Safety of edoxaban, an oral factor Xa inhibitor, in Asian patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.J Thromb Haemost. 2011; 105: 535-545
- Evaluation of the novel factor Xa inhibitor edoxaban compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation: Design and rationale for the Effective Anticoagulation With Factor Xa Next Generation in Atrial Fibrillation–Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction Study 48 (ENGAGE AF-TIMI 48).Am Heart J. 2010; 160: 635-641
- Safety and efficacy of the oral direct factor Xa inhibitor apixaban in Japanese patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.Circ J. 2011; 75: 1852-1859
- Oral direct thrombin inhibitor AZD0837 for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation: a randomized dose-guiding, safety, and tolerability study of four doses of AZD0837 vs. vitamin K antagonists.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 2897-2907
- Safety and tolerability of an immediate-release formulation of the oral direct thrombin inhibitor AZD0837 in the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with atrial fibrillation.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 103: 604-612
- Dabigatran versus Warfarin in the Treatment of Acute Venous Thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2342-2352
- Efficacy and safety of the oral direct factor Xa inhibitor apixaban for symptomatic deep vein thrombosis.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 1313-1318
- Oral rivaroxaban for symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2499-2510
- Major hemorrhage and tolerability of warfarin in the first year of therapy among elderly patients with atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2689-2696
- Future directions of stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: the potential impact of novel anticoagulants and stroke risk stratification.J Thromb Haemost. 2011; 9: 441-449
Mr. Miller is supported by the Ivan Racheff and Clarke McLeod Scholarships funded through the McGill University Research Bursary Program. Dr. Shimony is supported by the Azrieli Fellowship Fund for research at the Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Dr. Eisenberg is a Chercheur-National of the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Quebec.