Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The usefulness of submaximal exercise gas exchange to define pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2011; 30: 1133-1142
- Validation of a simplified, portable cardiopulmonary gas exchange system for submaximal exercise testing.Open Sports Med J. 2010; 4: 34-40
- Gas exchange responses to continuous incremental cycle ergometry exercise in primary pulmonary hypertension in humans.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2000; 83: 63-70
- Exercise pathophysiology in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension.Circulation. 2001; 104: 429-435
- End-tidal PCO2 abnormality and exercise limitation in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension.Chest. 2005; 127: 1637-1646
- Ventilatory inefficiency for carbon dioxide during exercise in patients with pulmonary hypertension.Clin Physiol. 1998; 18: 337-344
- Mixed-expired and end-tidal CO2 distinguish between ventilation and perfusion defects during exercise testing in patients with lung and heart diseases.Chest. 2007; 132: 977-983
- Usefulness of right-to-left shunting and poor exercise gas exchange for predicting prognosis in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 1186-1191
- Diffusion capacity and hemodynamics in primary and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.Eur Respir J. 2000; 16: 276-281
- Impaired stroke volume response to exercise in pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 1732-1733
- ACCF/AHA 2009 expert consensus document on pulmonary hypertension: a report of the American College of Cardiology foundation task force on expert consensus documents and the American Heart Association developed in collaboration with the American College of Chest Physicians; American Thoracic Society, Inc.; and the Pulmonary Hypertension Association.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 1573-1619
- End-points and clinical trial design in pulmonary arterial hypertension: have we made progress?.Eur Respir J. 2009; 34: 231-242
- Diagnosis and assessment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: S55-S66
- Perspective on the optimal endpoints for pulmonary arterial hypertension trials.Curr Opin Pulmon Med. 2010; 16: S43-S46
- Endpoints in pulmonary arterial hypertension: the role of clinical worsening.Curr Opin Pulmon Med. 2010; 16: S1-S9
This study was supported by Gilead Sciences, Inc., Foster City, California, and by Grant HL71478 from the National Institutes of Health , Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Johnson has previously received funding from Shape Medical Systems, Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota, for the testing and validation of their medical equipment before participation in the present study. Dr. Frantz has received a research grant from United Therapeutics , Silver Spring, Maryland.