Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Myocardial stunning due to simultaneous multivessel coronary spasm: a review of 5 cases.J Cardiol. 1991; 21: 203-214
- For the angina pectoris-myocardial infarction investigations in Japan: Transient left ventricular apical ballooning without coronary artery stenosis: a novel heart syndrome mimicking acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 38: 11-18
- Tako-tsubo-like left ventricular dysfunction with ST-segment elevation: a novel cardiac syndrome mimicking acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2002; 143: 448-455
- Apical ballooning of the left ventricle: first series in white patients.Heart. 2003; 89: 1027-1031
- Clinical characteristics and thrombolysis in myocardial infarction frame count in women with transient left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome.Am J Cardiol. 2004; 94: 343-346
- Acute and reversible cardiomyopathy provoked by stress in women from the United States.Circulation. 2005; 111: 472-479
- Incidence, clinical findings, and outcome of women with left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome.Am J Cardiol. 2007; 99: 182-185
- Systematic review: transient left ventricular apical ballooning: a syndrome that mimics ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 141: 858-865
- Apical and midventricular transient left ventricular dysfunction syndrome (Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy): frequency, mechanisms, and prognosis.Chest. 2007; 132: 809-816
- Transient midventicular ballooning syndrome: a new variant.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 579-583
- Four-year recurrence rate and prognosis of the apical ballooning syndrome.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 448-452
- Clinical characteristics and four-year outcomes of patients in the Rhode Island takotsubo cardiomyopathy registry.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 103: 1015-1019
- Clinical characteristics of Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 578-582
- Natural history and expanded clinical profile of stress (Tako-tsubo) cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 333-341
- Apical ballooning syndrome: an important differential diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2007; 115: e56-e59
- Recommendations for quantification of the left ventricle by two-dimensional echocardiography.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1989; 2: 358-367
- Left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome as a novel cause of acute mitral regurgitation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 50: 647-649
- Apical ballooning syndrome or Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy: a systematic review.Eur Heart J. 2006; 27: 1523-1529
- Increased responsiveness of left ventricular apical myocardium to adrenergic stimuli.Cardiovasc Res. 1993; 27: 192-198
- Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 539-548
R. Citro is currently with A. O. Universitaria “San Giovanni di Dio e Ruggi d'Aragona,” Salerno, Italy.
M. Ferlini is currently with Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy.