Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Relationship between uncontrolled risk factors and C-reactive protein levels in patients receiving standard or intensive statin therapy for acute coronary syndromes in the PROVE IT-TIMI 22 trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 1417-1424
- Determinants of CRP level in statin-treated patients.Curr Med Res Opin. 2008; 24: 1065-1068
- ABCG2 polymorphism is associated with the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol response to rosuvastatin.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010; 87: 558-562
Hu M, Lui SSH, Mak VWL, Chu TTW, Lee VWY, Poon EWM, Tsui TKC, Ko GTC, Baum L, Tam LS, Li EK, Tomlinson B. Pharmacogenetic analysis of lipid responses to rosuvastatin in Chinese patients. Pharmacogenet Genomics. In press.
- Third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421
- Contribution of clinical correlates and 13 C-reactive protein gene polymorphisms to interindividual variability in serum C-reactive protein level.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1415-1423
- Genetic loci associated with C-reactive protein levels and risk of coronary heart disease.JAMA. 2009; 302: 37-48
- Loci related to metabolic-syndrome pathways including LEPR, HNF1A, IL6R, and GCKR associate with plasma C-reactive protein: the Women's Genome Health Study.Am J Hum Genet. 2008; 82: 1185-1192
- Hepatic metabolism and transporter gene variants enhance response to rosuvastatin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: the GEOSTAT-1 study.Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2010; 3: 276-285
- Relation of genetic variation in the gene coding for C-reactive protein with its plasma protein concentrations: findings from the Women's Health Initiative Observational Cohort.Clin Chem. 2009; 55: 351-360
- Association between C-reactive protein gene haplotypes and C-reactive protein levels in Taiwanese: interaction with obesity.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 204: e64-e69
- Polymorphisms of the HNF1A gene encoding hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha are associated with C-reactive protein.Am J Hum Genet. 2008; 82: 1193-1201
- Apolipoprotein E genotype and statins affect CRP levels through independent and different mechanisms: AGES-Reykjavik Study.Atherosclerosis. 2006; 186: 222-224
- Ethnic differences in C-reactive protein concentrations.Clin Chem. 2008; 54: 1027-1037
- Genetically elevated C-reactive protein and ischemic vascular disease.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1897-1908
- Transcriptional complex formation of c-Fos, STAT3, and hepatocyte NF-1 alpha is essential for cytokine-driven C-reactive protein gene expression.J Immunol. 2008; 180: 3492-3501
- Hepatic nuclear factor 1-alpha: inflammation, genetics, and atherosclerosis.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2009; 20: 106-111
- Relation of C-reactive protein to abdominal adiposity.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 106: 56-61
- Association of common CRP gene variants with CRP levels and cardiovascular events.Ann Hum Genet. 2005; 69: 623-638
- Reduction in C-reactive protein and LDL cholesterol and cardiovascular event rates after initiation of rosuvastatin: a prospective study of the JUPITER trial.Lancet. 2009; 373: 1175-1182
- Eligibility for statin therapy by the JUPITER trial criteria and subsequent mortality.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 77-81
This study was substantially supported by a grant from the Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region , Hong Kong, China (project CUHK 4472/06M ).
Dr. Tomlinson has received research funding to perform clinical studies from AstraZeneca , Wilmington, Delaware; Bayer AG , Munich, Germany; Boehringer Ingelheim , Ingelheim, Germany; Daiichi Sankyo , Tokyo, Japan; Kowa Pharmaceuticals , Montgomery, Alabama; Merck & Company , Whitehouse Station, New Jersey; Merck Sharp & Dohme , Hoddesdon, United Kingdom; Novartis , Basel, Switzerland; Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company , Tokyo, Japan; Pfizer, Inc. , New York, New York; Roche Diagnostics GmbH , Mannheim, Germany; Sanofi-Aventis , Paris, France; and Servier , Neuilly-sur-Seine, France. Dr. Tomlinson has acted as a consultant or speaker on occasions for AstraZeneca; Bayer; Boehringer Ingelheim; Bristol-Myers Squibb, New York, New York; GlaxoSmithKline, London, United Kingdom; Kowa Pharmaceuticals; Merck & Company; Merck Sharp & Dohme; Novartis; Pfizer, Inc.; Roche Diagnostics GmbH; Sanofi-Aventis; Schering-Plough, Kenilworth, New Jersey; and Servier.