Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2010 update.Circulation. 2010; 121: e1-e170
- Absolute and attributable risks of cardiovascular disease incidence in relation to optimal and borderline risk factors.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 573-579
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.Accessed January 25, 2010)
- Prevalence of hypertension and pre-hypertension among adolescents.J Pediatr. 2007; 150: 640-644
- An international comparative study of blood pressure in populations of European vs. African descent.BMC Med. 2005; 3: 2
- Effects of comprehensive lifestyle modification on diet, weight, physical fitness, and blood pressure control: 18-month results of a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 485-495
- Effects of comprehensive lifestyle modification on blood pressure control: main results of the PREMIER clinical trial.JAMA. 2003; 289: 2083-2093
- Effect of treatment and adherence on ethnic differences in blood pressure control among adults with hypertension.Ann Epidemiol. 2009; 19: 172-179
- Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT).Hypertension. 2003; 41: 1006-1009
- Blood pressure control by drug group in the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT).J Clin Hypertens. 2008; 10: 751-760
- Avoiding Cardiovascular Events Through Combination Therapy in Patients Living With Systolic Hypertension Trial.J Clin Hypertens. 2003; 5: 29-35
- Successful blood pressure control in the African American Study of Kidney Disease and Hypertension.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 1636-1643
This discussion took place on December 18, 2009.