Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heparins increase endothelial nitric oxide bioavailability by liberating vessel-immobilized myeloperoxidase.Circulation. 2006; 113: 1871-1878
- The Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) trial.N Engl J Med. 1985; 312: 932-936
- Plasma concentrations of myeloperoxidase predict mortality after myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49: 1993-2000
- Isolation of mononuclear cells and granulocytes from human blood.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1968; 21: 77-89
- How human neutrophils kill and degrade microbes: an integrated view.Immunol Rev. 2007; 219: 88-102
- Effects of unfractionated heparin and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonists versus bivalirudin on myeloperoxidase release from neutrophils.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007; 27: 1850-1856
- Neutrophil infiltration of culprit lesions in acute coronary syndromes.Circulation. 2002; 106: 2894-2900
- Widespread coronary inflammation in unstable angina.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 5-12
- Prognostic value of admission myeloperoxidase levels in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 101: 1537-1540
- Myeloperoxidase aids prognostication together with N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide in high-risk patients with acute ST elevation myocardial infarction.Heart. 2007; 93: 826-831
- Myeloperoxidase metabolizes thiocyanate in a reaction driven by nitric oxide.Biochemistry. 2006; 45: 1255-1262
- Myeloperoxidase, a leukocyte-derived vascular NO oxidase.Science. 2002; 296: 2391-2394
- Serum myeloperoxidase levels independently predict endothelial dysfunction in humans.Circulation. 2004; 110: 1134-1139
- Endothelial transcytosis of myeloperoxidase confers specificity to vascular ECM proteins as targets of tyrosine nitration.J Clin Invest. 2001; 108: 1759-1770
- Myeloperoxidase and plaque vulnerability.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004; 24: 1143-1146
- Neutrophil activation precedes myocardial injury in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Free Radic Biol Med. 2009; 47: 79-83
- The inhibition of myeloperoxidase by ceruloplasmin can be reversed by anti-myeloperoxidase antibodies.Kidney Int. 1999; 55: 917-925
- Apolipoprotein A-I is a selective target for myeloperoxidase-catalyzed oxidation and functional impairment in subjects with cardiovascular disease.J Clin Invest. 2004; 114: 529-541
- Coronary stenting is associated with an acute increase in plasma myeloperoxidase in stable angina patients but not in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Eur J Intern Med. 2009; 20: 527-532
Mr. Nallaratnam was supported by the New Zealand 2006 Cardiac Society/MSD Research Fellowship , Wellington, New Zealand. Ms. Mocatta was supported in part by the Health Research Council of New Zealand , Auckland, New Zealand.