Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Serial changes and prognostic implications of a Doppler-derived index of combined left ventricular systolic and diastolic myocardial performance in acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2000; 85: 19-25
- Influence of angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D gene polymorphism on the right ventricular myocardial performance index in patients with a first acute anterior myocardial infarction.Circ J. 2005; 69: 211-215
- Assessment of right ventricular function using two-dimensional echocardiography.Am Heart J. 1984; 107: 526-531
- Accurate noninvasive estimation of pulmonary vascular resistance by Doppler echocardiography in patients with chronic failure heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 37: 1813-1819
- A new, simplified and accurate method for determining ejection fraction with two-dimensional echocardiography.Circulation. 1981; 64: 744-753
- Performance of primary and derived M-mode echocardiographic measurements for detection of left ventricular hypertrophy in necropsied subjects and in patients with systemic hypertension, mitral regurgitation and dilated cardiomyopathy.Am J Cardiol. 1986; 57: 1388-1393
- Noninvasive estimation of right ventricular systolic pressure by Doppler ultrasound in patients with tricuspid regurgitation.Circulation. 1984; 70: 657-662
- Statistical Methods. vol XX. Iowa State University Press, Ames, Ohio1989
- Effect of body weight changes on 24-hour blood pressure and left ventricular mass in hypertension: a 4-year follow-up.Am J Hypertens. 2003; 16: 634-639
- Reversibility of cardiac abnormalities in morbidly obese adolescents.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51: 1342-1348
- Weight loss after bariatric surgery improves aortic elastic properties and left ventricular function in individuals with morbid obesity: a 3-year follow-up study.J Hypertens. 2007; 25: 439-447
- Cardiac morphology and left ventricular function in normotensive morbidly obese patients with and without congestive heart failure, and effect of weight loss.Am J Cardiol. 1997; 80: 736-740
- Effects of obesity and weight loss on cardiac function and valvular performance.Obes Rev. 1998; 6: 422-429
- Effect of exercise and cavity size on right ventricular function in morbid obesity.Am J Cardiol. 1989; 64: 1361-1365
- Obesity and cardiac function.Circulation. 1981; 64: 477-482
- Dramatic functional improvement following bariatric surgery in a patient with pulmonary arterial hypertension and morbid obesity.Chest. 2008; 133: 789-792
- Decreased right and left ventricular myocardial performance in obstructive sleep apnea.Chest. 2007; 132: 1863-1870
Dr. Lopez-Jimenez is a recipient of a Clinical Scientist Development Award from the American Heart Association, Dallas, Texas, and Dr. Somers is supported by grants HL-65,176 , HL-70,302 , HL-73,211 , and M01-RR00 585 from the National Institutes of Health , Bethesda, Maryland.