Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure.National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland2004 (NIH publication no. 04-5230)
- Age-specific relevance of usual BP to vascular mortality: a meta-analysis of individual data for one million adults in 61 prospective studies.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1903-1913
- Prehypertension during young adulthood and coronary calcium later in life.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 149: 91-99
- Feasibility of treating prehypertension with an angiotensin-receptor blocker.N Engl J Med. 2006; 354: 1685-1697
- Prehypertension and cardiovascular disease risk in the Women's Health Initiative.Circulation. 2007; 115: 855-860
- Comparison of two sphygmomanometers that may replace mercury in the healthcare workplace.Blood Press Monit. 2007; 12: 23-28
- Ambulatory blood pressure normalcy: the PAMELA study.J Hypertens. 1991; 9: S17-S23
- Recommendations for BP measurement in humans and experimental animals: part I: BP measurement in humans: a statement for professionals from the Subcommittee of Professional and Public Education of the American Heart Association Council on High BP Research.Hypertension. 2005; 45: 142-161
- Treatment of young subjects at high familial risk of future hypertension with an angiotensin-receptor blocker.Hypertension. 2007; 50: 89-95
- Relationships of quality-of-life measures to long-term lifestyle and drug treatment in the Treatment of Mild Hypertension study.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 638-648
- Effect of calcium and vitamin D supplementation on blood pressure in postmenopausal women: results from the Women's Health Initiative clinical trial of calcium-vitamin D supplementation.Hypertension. 2008; 52: 1
- Potassium reduces cerebral hemorrhage and death rate in hypertensive rats, even when BP is not lowered.Hypertension. 1985; 7: I110-I114
- Nonuremic diabetic hyperkalemia.Arch Intern Med. 1977; 137: 842-843
- Differences in glucose tolerance between fixed-dose antihypertensive drug combinations in people with metabolic syndrome.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2592-2597
- Influence of long-term, low-dose, diuretic-based, antihypertensive therapy on glucose, lipid, uric acid, and potassium levels in older men and women with isolated systolic hypertension: the Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program.Arch Intern Med. 1998; 158: 741-751
- Fasting glucose levels and incident diabetes mellitus in older nondiabetic adults randomized to receive 3 different classes of antihypertensive treatment: a report from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT).Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 2191-2201
- Benazepril plus amlodipine or hydrochlorothiazide for hypertension in high-risk patients.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 2417-2428
- Cost-effectiveness of the lower treatment goal (of JNC VI) for diabetic hypertensive patients.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1277-1283
- Resistant hypertension revisited: a comparison of two university-based cohorts.Am J Hypertens. 2005; 18: 619-626
This discussion took place on August 14, 2008 at Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas.