Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Magnitude, reproducibility, and association with baseline cardiac function of cardiac biomarker release in long-distance runners aged > or =55 years.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 218-222
- Ventricular arrhythmias.in: Nam III, E. Salem D.N. Wang P.J. Sudden Cardiac Death in the Athlete. Futura Publishing, Armonk, NY1998: 253-275
- Sudden death and the competitive athlete: perspectives on preparticipation screening studies.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1986; 7: 220-230
- Master's performance in the New York City marathon 1983–1999.Br J Sports Med. 2004; 38: 408-412
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine.Nephron. 1976; 16: 31-41
- Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2005; 18: 1440-1463
- Post-race kinetics of cardiac troponin T and I and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in marathon runners.Clin Chem. 2003; 49: 831-834
- Effects of a long-distance run on cardiac markers in healthy athletes.Clin Chem Lab Med. 2006; 44: 999-1003
- Myocardial injury and ventricular dysfunction related to training levels among nonelite participants in the Boston marathon.Circulation. 2006; 114: 2325-2333
- Biochemical and functional abnormalities of left and right ventricular function after ultra-endurance exercise.Heart. 2008; 94: 860-866
- Cardiac fatigue in long-distance runners is associated with ventricular repolarization abnormalities.Heart Rhythm. 2009; 6: 512-519
- No evidence of sustained myocardial injury following an ironman distance triathlon.Int J Sports Med. 2004; 25: 45-49
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene I/D polymorphism with change in left ventricular mass in response to physical training.Circulation. 1997; 96: 741-747
- Changes in renal blood flow measured by radionuclide angiography following exhausting exercise in humans.Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1996; 74: 1-7
- Effect of preload augmentation on pulsed wave and tissue Doppler echocardiographic indices of diastolic function after a marathon.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2007; 20: 1393-1399
- Cardiac troponin increases among runners in the Boston Marathon.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 49 (143.e1): 137-143
- Independent elevations of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponins in endurance athletes after prolonged strenuous exercise.Am Heart J. 2005; 150: 1128-1134
- Reproducibility and clinical significance of exercise-induced increases in cardiac troponins and N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide in endurance athletes.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2006; 13: 388-397
- Normal post-race antimyosin myocardial scintigraphy in asymptomatic marathon runners with elevated serum creatine kinase MB isoenzyme and troponin T levels: evidence against silent myocardial cell necrosis.Cardiology. 1995; 86: 451-456
- Longitudinal myocardial dysfunction in healthy older subjects as a manifestation of cardiac ageing.Age Ageing. 2005; 34: 343-349
- Reduced myocardial velocities of left ventricular long-axis contraction identify both systolic and diastolic heart failure—a comparison with brain natriuretic peptide.Eur J Heart Fail. 2005; 7: 512-519
- Long-term endurance training does not prevent the age-related decrease in left ventricular relaxation properties.Acta Physiol Scand. 2004; 181: 209-215
- Biochemical indicators of cardiac and renal function in a healthy elderly population.Clin Biochem. 2004; 37: 210-216
- Incidence of death during jogging in Rhode Island from 1975 through 1980.JAMA. 1982; 247: 2535-2538
- Plasma natriuretic peptide levels and the risk of cardiovascular events and death.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 655-663
- The evolving role of C-reactive protein in atherothrombosis.Clin Chem. 2009; 55: 229-238
This work was supported by the Swedish National Center for Research in Sports (Stockholm, Sweden) and the Folksam Foundation (Stockholm, Sweden). Roche Diagnostics, Scandinavia (Bromma, Sweden) provided the biomarker assays.
Mr. Marklund is employed by Roche Diagnostics Scandinavia, Bromma, Sweden.