Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Characterization of the physical demands of firefighting.Can J Sport Sci. 1992; 17: 207-213
- ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription.7th ed. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, Philadelphia2005 (66, 143, 144, 181–190)
- Exercise Physiology for Health, Fitness, and Performance.2nd ed (reprint). Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, Baltimore2008 (136, 293, 421, 425)
- Exercise Physiology: Energy, Nutrition, & Human Performance.6th ed. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, Philadelphia2007 (203, 589)
- Exercise Physiology: Human Bioenergetics and Its Applications.4th ed. McGraw-Hill, Boston2005 (6, 596)
- ATS/ACCP statement on cardiopulmonary exercise testing.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 167: 211-277
- Exercise Physiology: Theory and Application to Fitness and Performance.6th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York2007 (192)
- Firefighter Fatalities in the United States in 2007.Accessed on September 21, 2008)
- U.S. Firefighter Injuries – 2005.National Fire Protection Association, Quincy MA2006 (Available at: http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/NFPA%20Journal/2005_firefighter_injuries.pdf. Accessed on September 21, 2008)
This project was supported by a grant from the Cardiovascular Research Review Committee in cooperation with the Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute, Dallas, Texas, United States. The authors thank the committee for their encouragement and support of cardiovascular rehabilitation research projects.