Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Randomized trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: The Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S).Lancet. 1994; 344: 1383-1389
- The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
- Prevention of cardiovascular events and death with pravastatin in patients with coronary heart disease and a broad range of initial cholesterol levels.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1349-1357
- Beneficial effects of pravastatin (+/−cholestyramine/niacin) initiated immediately after a coronary event (the randomized Lipid-Coronary Artery Disease [L-CAD] Study).Am J Cardiol. 2000; 86: 1293-1298
- Intensive versus moderate lipid lowering with statins after acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 1495-1504
- Early intensive vs. a delayed conservative simvastatin strategy in patients with acute coronary syndromes: phase Z of the A to Z trial.JAMA. 2004; 292: 1307-1316
- Cholesterol reduction rapidly improves endothelial function after acute coronary syndromes.Circulation. 1999; 99: 3227-3233
- The effect of statin therapy on ventricular late potentials in acute myocardial infarction.Int J Cardiol. 2003; 90: 63-72
- High-dose atorvastatin enhances the decline in inflammatory markers in patients with acute coronary syndromes in the MIRACL study.Circulation. 2003; 108: 1560-1566
- Benefits of early lipid-lowering intervention in high-risk patients: the lipid intervention strategies for coronary patients study.Clin Ther. 2000; 22: 949-960
- Effects of atorvastatin on early recurrent ischemic events in acute coronary syndromes: the MIRACL study: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2001; 285: 1711-1718
- Effects of atorvastatin on stroke in patients with unstable angina or non–Q-wave myocardial infarction: a Myocardial Ischemia Reduction with Aggressive Cholesterol Lowering (MIRACL) substudy.Circulation. 2002; 106: 1690-1695
The manuscript is based on a meeting of the authors on March 21, 2006.